Unlink NNID account from console and creating a new one without losing data and saves

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by FakeShadow, May 12, 2017.

1. FakeShadow
    OP

FakeShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2005
    Fiji
    Hi!

2 months ago I installed on a brand new 3ds xl the a9lh+luma mod, and then system transferred all of my data and accounts from my standard new 3ds to this one. This included my NNID that is tied to my Wii U and Switch too.

I would like to untie this NNID (my main NNID) to my console and create a new NNID, without losing the installed apps or saves. Of course deleting the NNID is not an option either, since it would cause problems with the wii u and switch.

Is it possible?

2. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    No, it's not possible. If you unlink your NNID all legit games will be unavailable. If you link a new NNID you can't play with your old legit games but you can make a backup of all your saves and re-inject them after you have installed the games with Freeshop or FBI

3. FakeShadow
    OP

FakeShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2005
    Fiji
    Perfect. And how to unlink my NNID?

4. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
  5. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2011
    France
    by doing that, can you link your nnid to a new console afterward? (or will it say "nnid already linked to a 3ds"?)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

if yes i dont really get how the Nintendo servers could take into account this manual unlink to make it available again to new 3ds?

6. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    I think it will say that message, but you can ask Nintendo to unlink it, just say it broke or something

7. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2011
    France
    yeah i tought of that, but will they not see on their screen "console banned" and refuse to unlink it even if you really lost if or i dont know what?

8. ChrisFlames

ChrisFlames Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    Nah, I doubt Nintendo would ban you from getting your NNID back. You were console banned, that's all. You weren't NNID banned so I don't why they wouldn't unlink it for you, but give it a shot