Unlike others, I've experienced major problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Mikecouil, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Mikecouil
    OP

Newcomer Mikecouil Newbie

United States
    My G6DS Real came in the mail this morning. Having read of the save game problems I did what they suggested and charged the card in my DS for about 3 hours prior to testing, then used the latest firmware.

I tested the following games:

CSI Dark Motives
    Nintendogs Lab and friends
    Hannah Montana
    Fish Tycoon
    Drawn Together
    Brain Age 2

Fish Tycoon, Drawn Together, and Hannah Montana played fine and saved fine with no issue.

The rest won't even so much as recognize a save. Nintendogs freezes, CSI Dark Motives says unable to write data and then says to shut down the DS and restart, and Brain Age says unable to save game. The games all create a save file, but it's worthless.

I'm currently working with tech support to try and find an issue but something tells me this is just how it goes.

If anyone knows of a work around or fix I'd sure appreciate it. This was a gift fot the wife and kids. Personally I prefer my PC and XBOX 360 games but this little gadget does wonder for the wife and girls.

2. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    did u get latest updates form handheldsources.com ?

3. Mikecouil
    OP

Newcomer Mikecouil Newbie

United States
    What "resources" ? Are you referring to the latest 2.42 firmware? I downloaded it directly from G6flash already.

I have just been told by support to send it back to my retailer for an exchange *sigh*