OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
Hello fellow Gbatemp peoples!!I am here today to start a discussion about the universe ages why that? Simpler Because Universe is not 13.8 billion years old and because i really love science!

Let’s me explain my theory why! . What you see is called the Observable Universe , the OU is 13.8 billion years across, HDF Hubble telescope can zap to 13.8 billion years images of the universe but what they see is the same as the near galaxy around us , but in theirs young ages . You see everywhere galaxy are born instantly or travelling at opposite direction but it take billion see trillion years to be seen because of the infinite universe.

When the JWST , James Webb Space Telescope will be operational in 2018 . The NASA will try out to see above this limit of the old HDF Hubble images, NASA will see that it is appearing to be infinite* , if they see The Universe becoming more red-shifted and Galaxy appearing to be smaller and younger would mean they can’t see more than 13.8 billion light years across.(*What they really would think is that it would mean it is the big bang start)

For me it would mean that we are stuck in a slowly stationary Vision of the Universe , so we need to wait a lot so we can see more because it take light many years to reach us as 13.8 billion years for the one we see . That not all! you see we move through space at high speed and that not all our Galaxy move fast too !

So let’s be simplistic and realist , just in one image of the HDF of Hubble you can clearly see a lot of galaxy many are behind those and many are born as each second we speak we cannot see all and 13.8 billion years is what far we can see as today .

I really hope JWST see even more galaxy and nothing else it would mean the Universe is infinite! The age of universe cannot be calculated it is too vast and believe me or not Human are not gonna find it sooner , let’s be clear if the Human find it it would mean we are close to the creator! But what we are for real? Finding that could lead to the age of universe as for now lets just get high everyday and watch those Full HD image of the beautiful Universe we got!

What do you think the universe age is or what you think about it at all? :) Have a good day too!

Sorry if my English is weak hope you all understand Peace!!

p.s I have made a entry blog too!

Reactions: Xanthe

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can see things farther than 13.8 billion light-years away because of the expansion of space. In other words, we can see things that are 46 billion light-years away because they used to be much closer.

In addition, because of the expansion of the universe, waiting only decreases what we can see; it doesn't increase it. The expansion of space pushes once visible objects out of our field of view.

As for the original question, the universe is 13.799±0.021 billion years old.

Last edited by Lacius,

TEINDTPA

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
We can see things further than 13.8 billion light-years away because of the expansion of space. In other words, we can see things that are 46 billion light-years away because they used to be much closer.

In addition, because of the expansion of the universe, waiting only decreases what we can see; it doesn't increase it. The expansion of space pushes once visible objects out of our field of view.

As for the original question, the universe is 13.799±0.021 billion years old.

That is not true you know? Because what we see is 13.8 billion years old yes you can see some shit 46 million years across but let's see why , because the limit of what we can see is what the light take to reach us it take centuries or even 50 billion years to reach us , i used the term 13.8 billion years because that the age calculated be scientific but cannot be confirmed ,universe is flat and infinite meaning it is infinite aged.

The more far you can see mean it is more likely older than 13.8 billion years but you right !

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not true you know? Because what we see is 13.8 billion years old yes you can see some shit 46 million years across but let's see why , because the limit of what we can see is what the light take to reach us it take centuries or even 50 billion years to reach us , i used the term 13.8 billion years because that the age calculated be scientific but cannot be confirmed ,universe is flat and infinite meaning it is infinite aged.

The more far you can see mean it is more likely older than 13.8 billion years but you right !
The universe certainly isn't flat. It expands in all directions.

Reactions: WeedZ

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The observable universe is 46.5 billion light-years in any direction, not 13.8 billion light-years, because the expansion of the universe has caused things that were much closer to become farther away.

Last edited by Lacius,

TEINDTPA

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
The universe certainly isn't flat. It expands in all directions.

IT will appear to be expending floating everywhere but certainly because universe is vast infinite, il give an example ... if you take a microscope and zoom in you will see some microbe appearing to be more round that flat but they are flat because they are so small so they appear flat the same go for the universe!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT will appear to be expending floating everywhere but certainly because universe is vast infinite, il give an example ... if you take a microscope and zoom in you will see some microbe appearing to be more round that flat but they are flat because they are so small so they appear flat the same go for the universe!
Appearing flat and being flat aren't the same thing.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they appear flat because they're so small, how can you say the universe is anything like that? I thought we established that the universe was, if anything, very large? Anyway, are you saying that if I were to fly into space in a rocket and just keep going, I would run into the edge of space?

TEINDTPA

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
Appearing flat and being flat aren't the same thing.
Yes it is because it would mean they are no limit for such size the more big you are the more space go around yo Einstein even talked about the possibility and if you google you can confirm that it is possibly more flat than 3d.

edit: see we are so in the early age of knowing if it is true you see il give an example
Take a video game you see it in sort of 3d but in a way it is flat it is image place in some way that they appear 3d space is same because we can see gravity is more strong that the flatness!
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If they appear flat because they're so small, how can you say the universe is anything like that? I thought we established that the universe was, if anything, very large? Anyway, are you saying that if I were to fly into space in a rocket and just keep going, I would run into the edge of space?
no because it more likely that you go thru layer you see universe is flat but made of strange space web Hubble did manage to capture some picture google it , if it is true you would simply be impossible to go further as the dark energy is to strong and keep you inside those space web but hey they are all connected in some way so you could just not go on emptiness !

Last edited by TEINDTPA,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is because it would mean they are no limit for such size the more big you are the more space go around yo Einstein even talked about the possibility and if you google you can confirm that it is possibly more flat that 3d.
Einstein believed the universe was static and unchanging before a Catholic priest convinced him of the big bang (irony at its finest). He then became an advocate for the big bang (and the big bang theory suggests the universe expands in all directions). He then went on to say that believing in the first theory was the "greatest mistake of his life" (or something along those lines). Article for further reading: https://www.bbvaopenmind.com/en/priest-invented-big-bang/

TEINDTPA

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
Einstein believed the universe was static and unchanging before a Catholic priest convinced him of the big bang (irony at its finest). He then became an advocate for the big bang (and the big bang theory suggests the universe expands in all directions). He then went on to say that believing in the first theory was the "greatest mistake of his life" (or something along those lines). Article for further reading: https://www.bbvaopenmind.com/en/priest-invented-big-bang/

The layer of the spacetime appear too much flat why would it be round on a invisible floor see the blue floor is the flatness of the universe why would we be simple ball? and how other star around us are not crashing into us ? Space web and flatness fix all!

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The layer of the spacetime appear too much flat why would it be round on a invisible floor see the blue floor is the flatness of the universe why would we be simple ball? and how other star around us are not crashing into us ? Space web and flatness fix all!

The reason we don't collide with planets in our solar system is because we are on a different route around the sun than them, basically (it's a bit more convoluted than that). The reason we don't collide with stars is because the distance between us and them is unimaginably large, and they're just aimlessly floaing around (I.E., they're not coming straight at us). The probability of us crashing into another planet or star is slim to none; and even if it were somewhat probable, it would still take a very long time to occur.

TEINDTPA

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
The reason we don't collide with planets in our solar system is because we are on a different route around the sun than them, basically (it's a bit more convoluted than that). The reason we don't collide with stars is because the distance between us and them is unimaginably large, and they're just aimlessly floaing around (I.E., they're not coming straight at us). The probability of us crashing into another planet or star is slim to none; and even if it were somewhat probable, it would still take a very long time to occur.
Yes that why Space web fix all that because it connect energy to stay together and not float everywhere but if universe is infinite i don't see why a big bang would exist in first place.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that why Space web fix all that because it connect energy to stay together and not float everywhere but if universe is infinite i don't see why a big bang would exist in first place.
That's not what I was trying to say. And I don't think the universe is infinite, as evidence suggests it's expanding (which was one of the reasons the Big Bang theory gained traction).

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

What is that Space Web you're reffering to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne eds?