Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm looking for a cord that will replace the standard power adapters/plugs and allow something to be powered by USB.

Specifically, I want to charge the MN740 (otherwise known as the XBOX wireless network adapter) via a USB port instead of the plug it comes with.

Does such a cable exist?

This thing draws only 6V, so the XBOX 360 should be able to handle it.

Thanks for the info!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean a kind of wall socket to USB adaptor (for what it is worth I have seen them for cars as well) or what amounts to a connector to USB?

Also it is usually the current that is drawn. Assuming MS stuck to the spec USB ports are only able to draw a couple of hundred milli amps (600 I think) initially and then ramp up (2 amps if memory serves and I do not think it has here) or it will shut down. Whether this will affect the thing I do not know but bear it in mind (you might be able to mess around with capacitors if it does).

None the less I have a USB to GBA/DS charger that I have used for years and their are numerous music players and phones that do the same.

My suggestion for this is to buy a cheapo adapter from a games shop and get a USB lead from something to solder the lot together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either