United we stand.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fate is a bitch.
When I came to the states, the one thing that really really felt like home was this place, I kid you not, I mean it with all my heart, I ugh so hard some times, and I met so many people that was really interesting that I fell in love with it.
I really don't care if CNET of Microsoft or even Ferrari has bought this place, I care about people leaving because of that.
For the first time in my life, I feel like I don't want to be here anymore, I don't NEED to browse topics, I just feel.... raped, my beloved Testing Area is closed and so are many, many good random jokes about everything.
I am gonna remember this day, you can bet money on it.

So many good times, so much that has happened But I won't quit, I spent too much time here to leave so easily, not without at least knowing how things are going to turn.

United we stand.

S

scubersteve

damn right you're not quitting on us.

and for the lulz,

WHY SO SERIOUS?

donkeyballs.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm hoping (and beginning to suspect) that it is just a joke. But if the place does get watered-down and stifled......it will no longer be the site i signed up for.

I'm still here for now.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think that this is a joke. ...
What about Thug and Ace and Spikey , they wouldn't have left before aprils fools day.

I still can't believe this.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're so damn right
they're gonna lock this thread too i know
i just signed in to check out things
and i couldn't stand 5 seconds of reading topics ..
it's not the same and it will never be

and i can't stand the GameSpot logo on the header .. ugh

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
VVoltz said:
United we stand.
Divided by Zero. VVoltz! Don't leave temp!
frown.gif

You haven't beaten Westside in that post count thing, he's winning.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dominik93 said:
What about Thug and Ace and Spikey , they wouldn't have left before aprils fools day.
Well, not unless they wanted to make the joke more convincing, eh?

As I'm typing this, the CNet thing is still in full swing. I believe it's just a prank. But that aside, a rant:

I hang around this forum because of the people (and you are one of those people, VVoltz
grog.gif
). Info, news, tutorials, reviews, I can find somewhere else, but GBATEMP is a fun place to visit every day because of the people, and the discussions and the forum activities and the jokes and the mini-memes of the Testing Area. And I like the fact that the general thrust of the form is a good, kind, benevolent one, unlike many forums out there. It's not a public toilet that you have no respect for and no intention of returning to; you won't scribble random idiocies on the wall, leave a load of crap behind you, and go away never to return (or return under a different identity, and repeat). Most people are here to stay, and there's a tendency to play nice and get along.

I can't remember where I was going with this.
unsure.gif

Oh, yes, the community. It's not the flashcard and ROM discussions that make it; there are other related sites and they are not like GBATEMP. It's not about homebrew either. Gaming forums? Nope, those are mostly like the public toilet I was talking about. All the closely focused forums, with rigid rules, edited topics and posts, all work and no play, can not create a community like this one; those are theme-oriented and people don't go there to commingle; they go there to [conform, submit, obey]. But look at General Off-topic, and look at Testing Area. People come here because they want to come here, not because it's the only place to get info.

Older members drift towards the Testing Area and the General Off-topic board (either that or leave), this is the place they come back to, and they tend to keep it friendly and fun. And this influence spreads to the other boards. And that's what makes this whole forum the way it is.

Removing Testing Area (which would make General Off-topic the next Testing... and get it removed as well) would destroy GBATEMP the way it is. No matter how pretty the forum gets with possible new money and new features and more staff and everything, but the "community" part will die, and we'll be left with a public toilet.

I can't wait to be back in Testing.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
veho said:
Dominik93 said:
Well, not unless they wanted to make the joke more convincing, eh?

As I'm typing this, the CNet thing is still in full swing. I believe it's just a prank. But that aside, a rant:

I hang around this forum because of the people (and you are one of those people, VVoltz
grog.gif
). Info, news, tutorials, reviews, I can find somewhere else, but GBATEMP is a fun place to visit every day because of the people, and the discussions and the forum activities and the jokes and the mini-memes of the Testing Area. And I like the fact that the general thrust of the form is a good, kind, benevolent one, unlike many forums out there. It's not a public toilet that you have no respect for and no intention of returning to; you won't scribble random idiocies on the wall, leave a load of crap behind you, and go away never to return (or return under a different identity, and repeat). Most people are here to stay, and there's a tendency to play nice and get along.

I can't remember where I was going with this.
unsure.gif

Oh, yes, the community. It's not the flashcard and ROM discussions that make it; there are other related sites and they are not like GBATEMP. It's not about homebrew either. Gaming forums? Nope, those are mostly like the public toilet I was talking about. All the closely focused forums, with rigid rules, edited topics and posts, all work and no play, can not create a community like this one; those are theme-oriented and people don't go there to commingle; they go there to [conform, submit, obey]. But look at General Off-topic, and look at Testing Area. People come here because they want to come here, not because it's the only place to get info.

Older members drift towards the Testing Area and the General Off-topic board (either that or leave), this is the place they come back to, and they tend to keep it friendly and fun. And this influence spreads to the other boards. And that's what makes this whole forum the way it is.

Removing Testing Area (which would make General Off-topic the next Testing... and get it removed as well) would destroy GBATEMP the way it is. No matter how pretty the forum gets with possible new money and new features and more staff and everything, but the "community" part will die, and we'll be left with a public toilet.

I can't wait to be back in Testing.
Amen brother, amen. Good ting everything was a joke. And yes people like yourself is what givesthis community its spark and life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1