Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Anyone more serious? I was actually trying to join the US army. I quit the Canadian army for now, and wanted to rejoin. I thought about it, and said that if I wanted more action, it would be US army.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to Sgt. Star, the virtual cartoon guide to GoArmy.com:
QUOTE said:
You cannot join the US Army unless you are a US citizen, have a US background, or green card. You can only get a green card if you live in the states for 5 years or marry a US citizen. In order to move to the United States you have to get a resident card. You can obtain a resident card by first getting a job in the US.
So there you have it: either marry a US citizen, or live here legally for 5 years. Then you can join the army.

If you can't wait that long for some action, there's always the French Foreign Legion.

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not entirely true. My in-laws just got their green cards this past year after waiting almost 7 years for everything to get processed. They were coming from Venezuela though, so it might be quicker from Canada. They didn't live here, but did have the proper travel visas. Going through the proper immigration process takes a LONG time and can be very expensive.

The fastest way is to either just marry a citizen or sign up for the green card lottery. That's how my sister-in-law got hers (the lottery, that is).

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Life is not a video game. You don't get to have multiple life's and when you die you don't get a choice of choosing continue on the game over screen.
tongue.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
@Da Foxx, I do realize that, and I have experience in the Canadian army before. Recently Canadians are seeing more actions too, and by that I mean getting killed by talibans more often. I know that as long as you are combat comptent you are not likely to be killed.

@nintendofreak, lol thanks for the concern
wub.gif
, if I do not hear from me on this forum for a long time (as I am addicted), check the news, cuz I might be inside the flag covered coffin.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Anyone more serious? I was actually trying to join the US army. I quit the Canadian army for now, and wanted to rejoin. I thought about it, and said that if I wanted more action, it would be US army.

i never knew Canada had an army...
WTF? I see you don't watch news. It was all over fox news ABC news about the recent death count rising of the Canadian Soldiers. We are one of the hardest trained soldiers out there, the reason being that the army is way smaller than US, so we train each of our soldiers extra hard. US army just gets to have more action in Iraq. In afghanistan, it's mainly waiting for a bomb or landmine to instantly kill you.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF? I see you don't watch news. It was all over fox news ABC news about the recent death count rising of the Canadian Soldiers. We are one of the hardest trained soldiers out there, the reason being that the army is way smaller than US, so we train each of our soldiers extra hard. US army just gets to have more action in Iraq. In afghanistan, it's mainly waiting for a bomb or landmine to instantly kill you.

no i dont watch tv at all really. most of it(99.9% is crap) and the rest is controlled media....

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
WTF? I see you don't watch news. It was all over fox news ABC news about the recent death count rising of the Canadian Soldiers. We are one of the hardest trained soldiers out there, the reason being that the army is way smaller than US, so we train each of our soldiers extra hard. US army just gets to have more action in Iraq. In afghanistan, it's mainly waiting for a bomb or landmine to instantly kill you.

no i dont watch tv at all really. most of it(99.9% is crap) and the rest is controlled media....

So soldiers dying is controlled media? I know of Private Vincent Kennedy back in the training days, he was definately killed as a war hero. I love how people consider most of our news controlled media and criticize them, while most of it is actually true. Once in a while they do have crap, but I watch the news, and I can confirm quite a few of them.

QUOTE(fischju @ Jun 13 2007, 10:26 PM)Everybody knows that the Marines get all the action! (join the navy!)
I wanted to do that too! But first I wanted to know if it's possible at all.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So soldiers dying is controlled media? I know of Private Vincent Kennedy back in the training days, he was definately killed as a war hero. I love how people consider most of our news controlled media and criticize them, while most of it is actually true. Once in a while they do have crap, but I watch the news, and I can confirm quite a few of them.

i didnt say soldiers dying is controlled media i said tv was, and i wasnt criticizing "your" media i was saying that no they dont always tell you the truth(media in general), they will feed you bullshit to make you hate the enemy, why in the hell our we over there in the first place for freedom? psshhh...more like oil and money.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me a break, everyone with more than fifty brain cells knows that the American media is complete bullshit. It's hardly even worth arguing about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U