Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Josef_Mengele_05.jpg

"Been there, done that."

TrolleyDave said:
Watch Men Behind The Sun. It's about this very same unit.
Hey, that sounds interesting, I might check it out myself.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
TrolleyDave said:

It's pretty hard to find these days, I'm not sure if it ever got a DVD release. It's one of those movies that's on most countries banned list. To be honest though it's not like the cheesy exploitation movies that the Italians made (SS Experiment Camp stuff), it's gruesome but it's pretty well made and it actually tries to tell a story with a moral behind it. The experimentation scenes are pretty brutal though and don't pull any punches.

Mengele was worse than any of the Japanese though. The Japanese were still inhumane but their experiments weren't just shows of racist power, unlike Mengele and his friends.

I much prefer the tale of what the US government/military did with all of the captured Unit XXX soldiers afterwards.
smile.gif

edit : Just had a look and it is available on DVD.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's sad that humanity sank that low.
But we learned a lot about the human biology and it allowed us to take a big step forward in medical science.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Foppzter said:
It's sad that humanity sank that low.
But we learned a lot about the human biology and it allowed us to take a big step forward in medical science.

I agree about the sad part but to be honest 95% of what was learned from the SS experiments was completely useless. The Japanese stuff was alot more useful but still not worth the cost as it was mainly to do with military and soldiers rather than the general public.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Mei-o said:
TrolleyDave said:

It's pretty hard to find these days, I'm not sure if it ever got a DVD release. It's one of those movies that's on most countries banned list. To be honest though it's not like the cheesy exploitation movies that the Italians made (SS Experiment Camp stuff), it's gruesome but it's pretty well made and it actually tries to tell a story with a moral behind it. The experimentation scenes are pretty brutal though and don't pull any punches.

Mengele was worse than any of the Japanese though. The Japanese were still inhumane but their experiments weren't just shows of racist power, unlike Mengele and his friends.

I much prefer the tale of what the US government/military did with all of the captured Unit XXX soldiers afterwards.
smile.gif

edit : Just had a look and it is available on DVD.
I don't really mind if it's brutal or anything, I find documentaries about historical events very interesting, I'll check out the video store sometime, maybe they have it along the lines of those Nazi documentaries.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
I don't really mind if it's brutal or anything, I find documentaries about historical events very interesting, I'll check out the video store sometime, maybe they have it along the lines of those Nazi documentaries.

It's not a documentary, although it has that kind of feel so you might find it in those sections. Most places class it as a horror because of all the gore and stuff in it. I'll warn you ahead of time that 2 of the most gruesome scenes contain a real dead child being autopsied and a real live cat being torn apart by lots of rats.

It usually gets classed as a video nasty but it completely outshines any video nasty. It's grim and methodical but it's never exploitative really. It's made by the Chinese (Hong Kong pre-takeover) but it never comes across as propaganda-ish either. I know lot's of people who didn't like it at all but personally I found it interesting.

edit : Here's the wiki link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Behind_The_Sun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff