ROM Hack Unique (?) Problem with SoulSilver

a random guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen mention of a problem like mine yet, so I'm going to assume it's a unique one. Possibly related to the anti-piracy thing, I'm not sure.

I've been switching between playing SS on my R4 with YSMenu and using Desmume emulator on PC, moving the save file between the two. It's worked fine, up until now.

First off, the game still works on the PC emulator. The problem is when I try to load it on the DS. The main screen comes up (Lugia swimming/touch to continue), and then it shows the "continue/new game" menu. Whenever I try to continue my previous game, the screen goes to black and you can faintly hear the background music; nothing happens after that. Again, loads and plays perfectly fine on the PC emulator.

This only started happening very recently (some time after, but not right after, I beat the 4th gym). Is this an anti-piracy-freezing issue, or did I somehow screw up my save file? And can it be fixed?

I already tried all the basic stuff like exporting a new save file with the emulator, messing with different options, making saves with my character in different locations, ect.

Terce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've gone past the 3rd gym you've hit the AP. Probably makes it difficult for you to load.

That being said, there's no patch for the english version yet and YSmenu hasn't been updated to run the english roms. you'd be better off on the computer, at least until later (i heard rumblings that after the 7th gym things worked better, but i can't guarantee that).

darkevia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the exact same problem as OP; I figured it was the AP as well. I've gotten past the 3rd badge, so I assumed the AP went into full gear and won't even load the game on my DS anymore (R4i-sdhc), yet it works fine on the emulator.

Hoping the AP patch comes and fixes this soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night