Uninstalling lost injected wads

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hemanthegreat, May 13, 2008.

May 13, 2008
  1. hemanthegreat
    OP

Newcomer hemanthegreat Member

Japan
    For reference, I was having a issue because I lost the wad that I installed to test a rom's compatibility. Deleting the channel from the Wii menus leaves the ticket on the system, which would leave some obvious evidence of what I did, the best thing to do is to use the wad uninstaller. Without the original file to check the ticket against, it won't uninstall the correct wad (or any for that matter). The answer to this is painfully obvious, but seeing as how I couldn't figure it out for a few days, and there's no reference to the problem anywhere on the net (that I could find) I decided to leave a thread to describe the process.

What you need:
    1. The channel/wad/vc game on your wii that you are trying to uninstall but do not have the original injected wad for. (If you already deleted the channel from your wii you're in a boat I can't help you with).
    2. The original rom you used to inject into the original wad.
    3. The original wad.
    4. Auto Injectuwad Injector (the version you used to make the original file is probably best, though you should be able to use the current version as well)
    5. WAD Uninstaller, current version.

First, open the channel management inside the Wii menu, copy the channel you want to uninstall that you don't have the original injected wad, to the SD card.

Second, open the SD card on your computer, assuming your wii and computer both are on the current date/time, the most recent folder in .../private/title/ should be the one you are trying to erase. The folders all have 4 letters. NES uses "F" for N64 it starts with "N" (I don't know about SNES and GEN, feel free to let me know and I'll add it). The last 3 letters are the ones you want, we'll use 'QWE' for this example.

Third, open injector.ini and set randomticket= to 0. Also set ticketname= to 'QWE' (the 3 letters you got from the SD card)

Fourth, Go ahead and run through the Injectuwad with the original rom and wad, make sure to add the correct "Custom Injected Channel Title" if you added one to the original file (it may not make a difference, but better safe than sorry right?)

Fifth, take the newly created injected wad, and use WAD uninstaller via your prefered method. Voila the ticket and wad are now uninstalled.

Change your settings in injector.ini back to the previous settings if you want (they put the setting at random (=1) for a reason, best to keep it that way unless you arae sure of what you are doing) . Next time don't delete your injected wads before you uninstall them.

I can't confirm if it truly matters if you use the same rom/wad to create the new injected wad. It may not matter, but I'm just relaying what worked for my situation.

DisclaimerI take no personal responsibility if you screw up and brick your Wii. This method worked for me, if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't be installing injected VC games to your Wii anyways.

2. teq

Member teq GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Nice tutorial for those who don't want the wads sitting on their computer or SD card.

Now, you're like me and accidentally deleted the channel, then you have to painstakingly go through Title Lister and log the title ids you want to uninstall.

3. fabio875

Newcomer fabio875 Member

United States
    Holy crap, this worked like a charm for me too. Thanks for the tutorial hemanthegreat! Now I can finally uninstall all those recovery programs that tried to recover my injected wad file from my SD card which failed by the way.

Also, I can finally get some sleep too! [​IMG]

4. waninkoko

Member waninkoko GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    There's an easier way. Get ANY wad and change its ID to the channel ID you want to remove.

5. NintendoLover64

Newcomer NintendoLover64 Advanced Member

Iceland
    i heard there is a thing called Any title deleter, maybe we can use that

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Of course you can use ATD, but if you don't know what you're doing you can delete the wrong channel.