Uninstalling cIOSCORP v3.4 Questions!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FiveseveN, Oct 12, 2009.

Oct 12, 2009
  1. FiveseveN
    OP

Member FiveseveN GBAtemp Regular

Puerto Rico
    I have a Wii 4.2U I am not using cIOSCORP on it atm. Before pressing search and reading on how to update safely to 4.2 I just let the System Update go and do its thing. After going through getting homebrew on it and bootmii back up as boot2 I forgot I had cIOSCORP on my Wii. I am currently playing my back-ups through Neogamma back up loader.

Since I previously on 4.1 had cIOSCORP v3.4 installed on my Wii is it necessary to Uninstall it since I am already on 4.2? I just want to know if it is something I should consider in order for the next release of cIOSCORP to go smoothly. I want to avoid headaches!

2. FiveseveN
    OP

Member FiveseveN GBAtemp Regular

Puerto Rico
    Sigh* I should really learn how to effectively use the search button.

GBAtemp.net article: Wii System Menu Update 4.2! "Nintendo has been so kind as to release system menu 4.2 for the Wii. This update will delete The Homebrew Channel, all cIOS files and remove bootmii from your system. It appears that all IOS files have been updated and a few new ones installed. Effectively, it will remove and all homebrew and iso loading capabilities from your console so for now we recommend not upgrading!"