Hacking Uninstalled my IOS61

Lovecraft_Lover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Here's my problem, hope people on GBAtemp will know what to do )

I softmoded my wii with this guide, but couldn't get Shop Channel to work. So I updated it with WAD manager first and found out in the FAQ that I should reinstall IOS61. I went to Dop-mii, uninstalled it, but when I tried installing it it offered to install different patches, I decided not to take any risks and canceled installation.
Now I can't use HBC - I just get back to channel select. Any ideas what should I do next? I figured I unistalled IOS for HBC, but maybe there's more to it?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS61 is the default IOS for the Homebrew Channel. You'll need to reinstall it using DOP-IOS/Dop-mii. If you can't access the HBC, you can copy the Dop-mii boot.dol to the root of your SD card and run it using Bannerbomb. Once you install IOS61 again, the HBC should work as normal.

Nothing you need to use IOS61 for requires any patching, and HBC will usually gripe at you if IOS61 has the fakesign patch, so just use DOP-IOS to install IOS61 without any pathes.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seems I should put some bigger warnings (NEVER uninstall an IOS)

Anyway, if you can still boot into DOP-Mii, install the newest IOS61 without ANY patches

You can boot DOP-Mii with Bannerbomb if the HBC doesn't work
wink.gif

Lovecraft_Lover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a boot.elf file in the root folder of SD card, I don't really know what it's supposed to be. Should I delete it before running Dop-MII?

Lovecraft_Lover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
*sigh* Now it works.

Thanks you, all. You really saved me from a heart attack )
QUOTE said:
Yeah, that would be a lesson for me. Next time I'm gonna mess with IOS's ... I won't.

Can't stress enough how greatful I am.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lovecraft_Lover said:
QUOTE said:
Yeah, that would be a lesson for me. Next time I'm gonna mess with IOS's ... I won't.
Messing with IOSes is sometimes necessary and is relatively safe if you understand what the IOSes do. With time you'll probably get a pretty good handle of what you should and shouldn't do with IOSes, and if you have good brick protection (Bootmii as boot2 preferred) then you'll be safe in the long run. Just keep in mind that uninstalling IOSes is rarely necessary and uninstalling the wrong ones is dangerous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."