Uninstall Homebrew Channel and friends

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by railattack, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010
  1. railattack

Newcomer railattack Newbie

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    I would like to uninstall homebrew, and everything that I installed with it. Unfortunately, I have no clue as to what I installed other than homebrew. I know that I have BootMii, Priiloader, HBC, and some things to get DVD and USB-HD games to run.

I tried uninstalling HBC, but BootMii and Priiloader were still there. What's more is Priiloader wouldn't allow me to go into the system menu. So I used Priiloader to re-install HBC, and here I am now :/

Can I just format my wii? What if I try updating? What would happen then? If I recieve help with this, I will gladly make a guide for those who want to uninstall it in the future. I'm pretty convinced that I installed everything according to the guides here (perhaps that helps?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Some info that I know:
    Priiloader says IOS 70
    System Menu v481
    Priiloader v0.3(r43)

Wii System Version 4.2u
  2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    BC Canada
    Run ATD and delete IOS249,250,222,223,224.
    Run priiloader installer and uninstall priiloader.
    Run DOP-mii and install system menu 4.1 and ios 60 v6174.
    Run the hackmii installer and remove DVDX / bootmii / Homebrew Channel.
    Finally run a wii system update.
  3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Before doing that, be sure to uninstall any custom channels you installed. Also, if you use startpatch, run it and remove the patches.

Also, you can skip the DOP-Mii part. No sense in downgrading to 4.1 only to update again. The wii will happily perform a system update even if it's on 4.2 already, if only because the cIOS stubs are missing.

I'd link the CSG's virginize page, but I don't have my bookmarks right now (I'm on a school PC in study hall).