1. Matchorno

OP Matchorno Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi. I'm trying to remove haxchi from my wii u 5.5.2. It was working before, but now when i open haxchi, I get a black screen, and it just loops back to my wii u system menu. My HBL forwarder channel works only sporadically now...sometimes freezing the wii u and giving me a -3 error. wiiflow lite no longer loads from hbl, nor from its forwarder chanell. My save to disc app freezes the wii u.

I don't know what happened. Everything worked for about one day, and then everything just fell apart. I kind of just want to clean everything off, and start from scratch, perhaps with a different sd card.

So i figure i should uninstall the channel forwarders first, and then haxchi, then hbl.

Can someone please help. I can't figure out how to do any of this.

I read somewhere that to uninstall haxchi, you just have to go into data management and delete your vc ds game. However when i go into data management, i see haxchi, but brain age (which i used to hack) is not listed at all. Should i first delete haxchi from the list, or is that a no no. I don't want to brick my console, so i'm trying to be very careful...thus this help request.

So i guess my questions are...
    1. How do you delete my channel forwarders (HBL and Wiiflow Lite)?
    2. How do i uninstall haxchi, if my ds came isn't listed?
    3. How do i then uninstall homebrew launcher to start from scratch again.

Thank you!!!

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You're errors are due to SD card. You don't need to uninstall anything. You can reinstall HaxChi over the top of itself if you want or you can uninstall it through data management. HaxChi in data management IS your DS game. There won't be two entries. Delete HaxChi and it deletes your DS game.

But I think if you address your SD card issue you won't need to uninstall. Minus errors (-3) are a dead giveaway of SD card issues.

Reformat your SD card using guiformat (it's in the "what you'll need" section of my guide). Make it fat32 and 64k clusters then try again. If that doesn't work then try a different SD

3. xChidz

xChidz Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Are you sure that you aren't just booting HaxchiFW when you press the haxchi icon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Matchorno

OP Matchorno Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It's possible. When i used to click on the wii u haxchi icon, apps would show up, like launching hbl. That's one of the reasons i installed the hbl channel. I was tired of going through haxchi first to launch hbl. But then the behavior of the icon changed, just looping back to the wii u system menu.

Maybe i'm missing something?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    64GB works as long as it's FAT32 formatted (in other words, not formatted with the Windows formatter or SDFormatter, but with something like guiformat or minitool partition wizard)

Post your Haxchi config, just to make sure it's not actually booting HaxchiFW.

6. Matchorno

OP Matchorno Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    You were totally right. I reformatted the same 64gb card with an alternate method to the formatter in Windows, and everything seems to be working great again. vWii hack/apps are working just as they should.

I assume this is my Haxchi config, but not sure. I software modded my Wii a long time ago, but this is my first time with the wiiU. I found this file in: "(sdcard root):\haxchi\config.txt".

a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
    default=sysmenu

When i used to launch the Haxchi channel, it would open up with a list of apps (hbl being one of them). But now, it just loops back to the wiiU sys menu. I think you're right though about booting just into the FW. Because if i try opening the HBL channel when i first booth the wiiU, it gives me an error. However if i run the haxchi channel, it loops back to the sysmenu, but then after that, i can launch HBL channel just fine.

1. Is there a way to restore the haxchi channel, so it opens up the app list that used to be there?
    2. Then if so, is there a way to just start the HBL from the start, without having the need to first open Haxchi?

Thanks so much! You've been very helpful.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw, when i open the haxchi channel, if i hold down 'a' button on controller, it boots to the HBL. If i don't hold down 'a', it loops back to sysmenu

Last edited by Matchorno, Sep 5, 2017
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Yes, that's the default Haxchi config. You must have updated Haxchi at some point and replaced the config with the default one, that's why the behavior changed. It wouldn't change on its own, as the config is actually written to NAND when you run the Haxchi installer and is never changed otherwise.

I have it set up this way:
    default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
    b=sysmenu
    That way it boots HBL by default, and you can hold B to launch HaxchiFW.
    I use B instead of A for sysmenu so there's less chance of accidentally launching HaxchiFW.
    Edit: Remember you need to reinstall Haxchi after changing the config.

DDlux7 likes this.
  8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Keep in mind, you're instructing the OP to undo the HaxChi CFW by default. User was probably instructed by someone to do it this way. Some things to note if you change it the way @The Real Jdbye suggests:

1. If you use HaxChi to default to HBL then you won't be able to install any titles, games or DLC that require CFW. WUP Installer won't work to install titles that require CFW unless you are already in CFW.
    2. Any titles that you installed that require CFW (like the HBL channel you mentioned) will no longer work unless you first launch HaxChi and hold "B" (If you set it up like suggested above)

Personally I have my config.txt setup just like you @Matchorno . But the only difference is I have CBHC also. So I have HBL and WUP Installer channels installed to sysmenu. When I turn on my Wii U I can tap either to get into them. No need to tap HaxChi first.

But if you don't want CBHC then keep your HaxChi config the way that it is. Just remember that when you first boot your Wii U you will need to then tap HaxChi so you will be in CFW mode. Yes it will just loop back to the system menu. That's what it's supposed to do. Then tap HBL channel to get to your homebrew apps and you will be able to install any title you want. Even those that require CFW.

9. DDlux7

DDlux7 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed (just joined the thread... lol) BUT:
    You can also add "x=wiiu/apps/..." and "y=wiiu/apps/..." in the lines below "a=..." and "b=..."on the config.txt file!!

For the regular Haxchi users (definitely not CBHC), this allows you to link 2 more apps that you might use a lot (such as hbl2hbc for vWii users) or autoboot Mocha CFW if you play around with redNAND and other such things. I definitely suggest trying it out since you'll no longer have to chose between your favorite apps (I leave default as sysmenu for the sake of a simple HaxchiFW start, as well as Homebrew Launcher and WUP Installer GX2 on "a" and "b" for downloads ). I haven't tried with configuring with other buttons, but these seemed the most obvious haha so add to this if you end up testing it out yourself :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also... just going to remind everyone to re-install Haxchi to their DS vc game through the Homebrew Launcher so that the config.txt file is written to the NAND! If not, nothing changes and you'll be real confused (from experience) lol

Last edited by DDlux7, Jan 31, 2018
  10. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Be careful. You mentioned CBHC users. They should NOT be messing with HaxChi config at all unless they want a brick. You do the setup in CBHC menu and NOT HaxChi config. You "Don't touch" HaxChi anymore after CBHC install

11. DDlux7

DDlux7 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yeah, sorta figured that out as I continued modding lol
    Thanks! I'll edit it out of the original comment.

Last edited by DDlux7, Jan 31, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - forwarders, Uninstall, channel