Hacking Uniiloader and games from DVD drive

MikayelMikayelya

OP
Trophies
XP
Dear friends and experts on this area I just got wii which has already installed hombrew channel neogama softmod and also has uniloader.
I inserted disc and neogama says drive is to new for this operation and after that Unii loader which has chinese characters name in systme menu started game.
I downloaded english version of uniiloader and installed over this chinese version and now when I run uniloader it;s just want start but kicking back to wii system menu please help me how it can be?

that it worked before and after I uninstalled and installed english version it stoped working. please help me...

MikayelMikayelya

OP
Trophies
XP
you drive can't play backups. neogamma say its too new.

My friend I am about uniiloader I swear it was runing game in DVD rom but after I unistalled that Uniiloader which has chinese characters instead of name in english and reinstalled uniloader english one it doesnt run anymore just when I hit start it kicking back to wii system menu.,.please let me know how it can be playd game through dvd drive and after uninstalling and reinstalling uniiloader it stoped working...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you use an external drive, you can use DVD-Rs, but i doubt some software makes that possible when NeoGamma fails. Or you have a rare case:
a) Disc is really bad => Read error in NeoGamma + Drive date is new but somehow is DVD-R compatible
b) No cIOS installed AND NeoGamma says "DVD-R + no cIOS" + Drive date is new but somehow is DVD-R compatible

If a channel kicks you back to the system menu, there's either something wrong with the channel, or you are missing the IOS required for the channel. Can you post a syscheck to see which IOS you have installed? And/or can you check which IOS is used by the channel?

MikayelMikayelya

OP
Trophies
XP
If you use an external drive, you can use DVD-Rs, but i doubt some software makes that possible when NeoGamma fails. Or you have a rare case:
a) Disc is really bad => Read error in NeoGamma + Drive date is new but somehow is DVD-R compatible
b) No cIOS installed AND NeoGamma says "DVD-R + no cIOS" + Drive date is new but somehow is DVD-R compatible

If a channel kicks you back to the system menu, there's either something wrong with the channel, or you are missing the IOS required for the channel. Can you post a syscheck to see which IOS you have installed? And/or can you check which IOS is used by the channel?

Dear Wiipower

I just dissasambled wii and found that dvd drive is changed it's cusomt dvd rom maybe from laptop or whatever but not the original wii drive so it means all loaders should work like they worked from external dvd rom. also my cios is 249 and you are right for uniloader it's just kicking back maybe I should install other version becasue this one is latest one 097.7 version.

So what you think which will be beter to use as loader in this case?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't just have one cIOS. If Uniiloader can use external drives, i bet it 1. uses IOS222 and 2. it's based on uLoader. But if the channel itself uses let's say IOS53 and then loads Uniiloader which loads IOS222, then you get your reset to system menu if IOS53 is not installed. Find out if you are missing an IOS and install it. Usually i would recommend to just update to 4.3, but since your wii does not have a drive, this could tons of issues. Do i assume correctly that your system menu is 3.2?

Alternatively, you can try uLoader.

MikayelMikayelya

OP
Trophies
XP
You don't just have one cIOS. If Uniiloader can use external drives, i bet it 1. uses IOS222 and 2. it's based on uLoader. But if the channel itself uses let's say IOS53 and then loads Uniiloader which loads IOS222, then you get your reset to system menu if IOS53 is not installed. Find out if you are missing an IOS and install it. Usually i would recommend to just update to 4.3, but since your wii does not have a drive, this could tons of issues. Do i assume correctly that your system menu is 3.2?

Alternatively, you can try uLoader.

Dear Wiipower I just found that old one was unniloader logo with cheinese name and under thats runs uloader I just installed uloader and it's working again. it;s recoknizing as an usb drive and works with uloader my menu is 4.0 korean version wii. thanks for your support I managed to work all again )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.