Hacking Unhappy GW won't load. I messed up, I'm an epic noob.

Superiorknightz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I started out with the GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b2. I did all the stuff as usual and everything worked except for the game portion.
What I did:
I ran the whole GW process and the update procedure from this:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_for...S-Installation

My 3ds XL is still at firmware 4.3.0.

I started troubleshooting and I ended up formating the 3ds and try doing it all over again, but each time I try to load up GW through settings or through the blue card I just go through with settings as normal no GW menu pops up just the MESSAGE and COLOR options shows up for the Nintendo DS Profile menu. And the blue card is stuck on the first loading screen. I've tried the new release, but nothing. Any help if possible. I'm so confused.

I have a nand backup if that helps. I don't want to brick my 3ds, please only experienced users answer.

How can I fix this?
Can you fully format the 3ds so the GW process is brand new?

Thank You
-superiorknightz

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused as well. You were able to complete the process of installation as outlined in that link? What step # did you get to on that MaxConsole link?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
1st. Have you put all the R4i files on the route of your Micro-SD Card/Blue Card, not in any file? Have you ran the Blue Card in boot up (bottom link) properly. 2nd. Have you put the Launcher.dat file on the route of your SD-Card not in a separate file that goes in the side slot on your 3DS?. Have you tried holding down the L button when entering Gateway mode on DS Profile for the first time to install the new Omega update for your card? If you don't press it, it will automatically go back to the original DS Profile setting cause the GW card has not installed properly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Basically, I started out with the GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b2. I did all the stuff as usual and everything worked except for the game portion.
What I did:
I ran the whole GW process and the update procedure from this:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_for...S-Installation

My 3ds XL is still at firmware 4.3.0.

I started troubleshooting and I ended up formating the 3ds and try doing it all over again, but each time I try to load up GW through settings or through the blue card I just go through with settings as normal no GW menu pops up just the MESSAGE and COLOR options shows up for the Nintendo DS Profile menu. And the blue card is stuck on the first loading screen. I've tried the new release, but nothing. Any help if possible. I'm so confused.

I have a nand backup if that helps. I don't want to brick my 3ds, please only experienced users answer.

How can I fix this?
Can you fully format the 3ds so the GW process is brand new?

Thank You
-superiorknightz
you uninstalled the exploit when you formatted....run the blue card installer again

PS i wouldnt recommend using b2, use 2.1 or b1

Superiorknightz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st. Have you put all the R4i files on the route of your Micro-SD Card/Blue Card, not in any file? Have you ran the Blue Card in boot up (bottom link) properly. 2nd. Have you put the Launcher.dat file on the route of your SD-Card not in a separate file that goes in the side slot on your 3DS?. Have you tried holding down the L button when entering Gateway mode on DS Profile for the first time to install the new Omega update for your card? If you don't press it, it will automatically go back to the original DS Profile setting cause the GW card has not installed properly.

I did that, but nothing.

Superiorknightz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean? does the installer run? does it program and verify?

if you want help you will have to do better than i waited and nothing........specifics man XD

Alright this is what happens, I set up the Sd and micro Sd just like the Tutorial says and everything is fine. I insert the Sd first and turn on the the 3ds. The 3ds loads up and then I insert the blue card with the micro sd and I try to load the blue card but I get stuck on the Loading... Screen. I try the settings, I hold L but nothing it just goes in to the normal profile window and no GW menu shows up. Basically GW won't load up any way at all, I've tried reformatting and all the troubleshooting tips but nothing helped.

Superiorknightz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean? does the installer run? does it program and verify?

if you want help you will have to do better than i waited and nothing........specifics man XD

I forgot to answer your question:
Does the installer run?
Does it count if it gets stuck on the loading screen and just stops there.

Does it program and verify?
No it doesn't

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like an issue with the blue card. But you're saying you completed the installation completely before you formatted, right? And what is it that you formatted, the emuNAND or your actual 3DS' NAND? In any case, it might be worth it to try this with a different DS-mode flashcart if you have one you can use. Also, make sure you format your micro SD card to FAT32 instead of exFAT. This would just be for installing the exploit. If you're using the same micro SD for 3DS games, then you can format it to exFAT after you install the exploit.

Edit: Ninja'd on the exFAT part :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so your problem is nothing to do with the launcher or anything, its your files on the blue card......did you format it as fat32, and copy the files from the "blue card" folder in to the micro SD for the blue card

you will get nowhere going to the profile settings until you get the gateway installer ran

Reactions: Superiorknightz

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright this is what happens, I set up the Sd and micro Sd just like the Tutorial says and everything is fine. I insert the Sd first and turn on the the 3ds. The 3ds loads up and then I insert the blue card with the micro sd and I try to load the blue card but I get stuck on the Loading... Screen. I try the settings, I hold L but nothing it just goes in to the normal profile window and no GW menu shows up. Basically GW won't load up any way at all, I've tried reformatting and all the troubleshooting tips but nothing helped.
Wait, so the blue card won't load? Try blowing in the blue card's microSD slot. If that won't work, try reformatting the microSD and replacing the files.

Reactions: Superiorknightz

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just re-reading this how are you trying to load the blue card....in system setting????
you load it from the main screen like a DS game

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be a bad microSD card/format.

I had issues with my blue card not showing up/loading properly... putting the r4i/exploit on a different microSD formatted to fat32 did the trick. I think before you ask for any further help, you need to get the exploit installed via the blue card.

EDIT: As the others have mentioned, it shows up as a DS game on your main menu. Run that "game" and run the Gateway exploit installer.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I loved Fallout on X360..........played the crap out of that and then when the DLC came out played it a bunch more. I never got into Fallout NV as the thrill had passed, but might have to give it a try as many people claimed they liked it more than FO3.

Good to see you got it working...another happy ending brought to you buy the makers of Gateway.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: