Hacking Unhacking a Wii 3.3u

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay well it looks like Wii Fit Plus requires an update and I was told by my boyfriend that I should try to unhack my Wii, then update it to the latest update, then re-hack it again if possible (he's the one who said I should hack it in the first place), I just don't want to brick it by updating it to 4.2. I'm running a 3.3u Wii with the Twilight Hack. I don't have anything on there besides a few games from the SNES and a GBA game as well as some homebrew games. I also have Gecko OS and that's pretty much it. I know there is a guide to modify any Wii 4.2 and below, but I'm unsure if it would work for me. Is there a way to safely update my Wii without damaging it (as I don't have another $200 to pay to buy another one). I only use Gecko OS for the Ocarina thing. My homebrew set up is pretty basic. Sorry for all these questions, but I don't want my siblings doing stupid things and my Wii to be a paperweight.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Two main options both will use the following guide

xzxero's guide

#1:If you have wifi hooked up on the wii do an official update through nintendo to 4.2 then use xzxero's modify 4.2 guide to re hack the wii.

#2:Use xzxero's update to 4.2 guide to update your wii to 4.2 then use the modify 4.2 guide to finish the process.

A lot of people will say to stay away from option #1 because updating through nintendo updates the boot2 to the latest version and its unstable and could brick your wii blah blah blah......

Personally i have modded over 10 wiis and i updated everyone of them through nintendo to 4.2U without a single issue.Does that mean its 100% safe? NO it doesn't but no modding method is 100% safe and if used improperly could cause a brick.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Two main options both will use the following guide

xzxero's guide

#1:If you have wifi hooked up on the wii do an official update through nintendo to 4.2 then use xzxero's modify 4.2 guide to re hack the wii.

#2:Use xzxero's update to 4.2 guide to update your wii to 4.2 then use the modify 4.2 guide to finish the process.

A lot of people will say to stay away from option #1 because updating through nintendo updates the boot2 to the latest version and its unstable and could brick your wii blah blah blah......

Personally i have modded over 10 wiis and i updated everyone of them through nintendo to 4.2U without a single issue.Does that mean its 100% safe? NO it doesn't but no modding method is 100% safe and if used improperly could cause a brick.

I don't have BootMii (I don't think it was available when I hacked my Wii or I simply did not know about it), it's not necessary if I'm updating it directly first is it? I would imagine that BootMii would be deleted from the update, but...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
connect the wifi it'll ask you to update after the connection test say no and then launch the HBC and it'll ask you if you want to update and you can install the new HBC and bootmii

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could also install priiloader and use the block updates hack and that way you can still play from the disc channel and not get the update prompts.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally bought the Wii used in June of 2008 and they said they bought it around April (There were zero Wii's in the entire state where I lived at the time). I just want to make it easy for my siblings to understand because they're all idiots when it comes to anything related to any sort of technology (My older step-sister didn't even know what a .PDF file was and wondered why her computer wouldn't let her read it). Honestly I just want Wii Fit Plus to work on it with ease.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running Wii Fit Plus in Gecko OS, but it just gave me a blue screen with Error #002. I guess I have no choice, but to update it, thought I could get away with Gecko OS, but it didn't work
tongue.gif

Edit: I have boot.dol running for the Twilight Hack and not boot.elf (I remember boot.elf wouldn't work and boot.dol was required), now hackmii_installer_v0.6 uses a boot.elf file, and I don't remember what I'm supposed to be doing here because I haven't done much to my Wii since January.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk