Hacking Unfortunately, I updated my ps3 to 4.89.

keox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, I updated my ps3 to 4.89.
even if I update my ps3 can I install evilnat 4.89 ? Or do I have to redo all the manipulations from zero (im talking about re-jailbreaking my ps3)?

before doing the update I was on version 4.88.2 of evilnat
when I turn it on it always puts the logo of evilnat

(sorry if it's not very understandable english is not my native language and google translation sometimes makes mistakes)

Last edited by keox,

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you updated it should not display the Evilnat logo anymore, are you sure you are en OFW 4.89? Look into the console settings, it should be displayed.

If I'm not wrong you shouldn't be able to reinstall a CFW if you're really on OFW, you'll have to re-hack it. You can still try to install a CFW anyway, but you'll most likely just get an error during install

keox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you updated it should not display the Evilnat logo anymore, are you sure you are en OFW 4.89? Look into the console settings, it should be displayed.

If I'm not wrong you shouldn't be able to reinstall a CFW if you're really on OFW, you'll have to re-hack it. You can still try to install a CFW anyway, but you'll most likely just get an error during install
if i reinstall a CFW will it keep the homebrews and the games I had installed before? (i have a "legal" copy of this game i just cant play anymore because my BD died)

sharkticonnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Should I update to 4.89? im currently on 4.88.2 evilnat. Also would I just do an usb update or update via ps network then re jailbreak? thanks in advance

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should I update to 4.89? im currently on 4.88.2 evilnat. Also would I just do an usb update or update via ps network then re jailbreak? thanks in advance
You don't really have to update except if you want to get the new features or connect to PSN but if you want to, you'll just have to directly install Evilnat 4.89 using an usb drive as you did for the first install.

MladenVR

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello guys. I want to start collection PS consoles. Previously I had PS4 and now I am on PS5 but I missed a lot of great games on PS3. Some of them are available via PS Now but I want to have their physical copies as they are not so much expensives these days.

I have great offer for a used PS3 slim console and it's modded wit EvilNat 4.89. As I can see, the console can be connected to PSN but my question is, is it safe to sync earned trophies to your main account ? Do you guys do that? I have my PS Vita modded with HenKaku and have no problems synchronizing trophies.

If there is a risk, I'll just reverse it to OFW.

Thank your for your answers.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys. I want to start collection PS consoles. Previously I had PS4 and now I am on PS5 but I missed a lot of great games on PS3. Some of them are available via PS Now but I want to have their physical copies as they are not so much expensives these days.

I have great offer for a used PS3 slim console and it's modded wit EvilNat 4.89. As I can see, the console can be connected to PSN but my question is, is it safe to sync earned trophies to your main account ? Do you guys do that? I have my PS Vita modded with HenKaku and have no problems synchronizing trophies.

If there is a risk, I'll just reverse it to OFW.

Thank your for your answers.

You can sync trophies and all, it should be safe (3 years running CFW and didn't get a ban) but I still use another PSN account for the PS3, it's not worth to get your main account banned, and we know that it happens since a lot got banned in the past.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how i reinstall evil ps3xploit is not working
can't for now. might be dangerous to install one claiming to be that without the md5. you should keep the updates in dev_hdd0/updater/01 then enable update debug in qa flagging. that way you can update or downgrade using the hard drive.

edit: btw, afaik, bguerville toolbox hasn't been updated anyway, so if it's ofw, there's nothing you can do right now outside of a hard mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released