Translation Unfinished Translation Projects That Could Be Revived!

AZealousIndividual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't be shy! People will be only too pleased to hear that you've been working on it :D

For the record, as someone who knows what it's like to sit there for a long time wondering whether or to post a message and worrying whether things are worded as best as they can be, I can guarantee that no one else will give half as much thought to it. Online, no one can tell how awkward, out-of-your-element, or long you took writing a message unless you tell them (whoops :blink:).

But my point is, you've already got the experience, the skills, and the dedication you need to be a valued, and valuable asset to the community. Now all you need is the self-belief and self-confidence!

The worst thing that is most likely to happen is that you won't get any response, and all that means is the right person hasn't found your post yet. It can take time, and you might even be sat on the finished translation for a while before you can find someone. But as long as you don't give up, you WILL be able to find a way. The fact that Cross Treasures has a partial patch means that there are others with interest in it, so hopefully it won't even come to that.

Though, if you really are struggling to handle the HR front, do feel free to send me a PM. As said, I'm not the greatest spokesperson, and certainly not the most experienced, but I can try to help you try organize things and offer suggestions on how to go about them as much as life permits.

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am delighted to announce that I can finally delete a game! :rofl2: A fully playable English patch for Ore ga Omae o Mamoru has been released!

First released in 2009, the translation was made using tools from two previously unfinished patch projects. And now, with the help of hacker @Illidanz it has finally come into completion.

Defeat ancient beasts as you navigate your way through a labyrinth of ancient ruins, searching for the place where the mysterious stone known as Magicite lies…

View the gameplay trailer below, or head on over to ROMHacking.net for the download!

俺がお前を守る (Ore ga Omae wo Mamoru)
Alt Title: I Will Protect You

DQhet5C.png

Language: JPN > ENG

Original GBAtemp Thread: Link

Tool: MamoruTrans 0.2 (Works, with issues) GDrive Mirror

Translation: Full dump, partial translation.

Last Update: Jei started an “essentials” patch translation project in Jun 2009, no release made. Message sent to them on 20/7/19. I have since restarted translations from scratch with hacking help from Illidanz, and hope to release a full patch in the future!

For those who might be intrested, the tools used in the patch, MamoruTrans 0.2 and MamoruHelper are both now publicly avaliable for all your patching/hacking needs!

Reactions: swosho and Fel

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am delighted to announce that I can finally delete a game! :rofl2: A fully playable English patch for Ore ga Omae o Mamoru has been released!
Congratulations! So the game is basically Castlevania with quests? That sounds cool! I like the idea of the game. Does it have multiple endings, or is it a straight railroad, so there's no need to have multiple saves, in case not/doing a quest changes stuff?

What is the story like, since it comes from Otomate, is it more like a shoujo story or a regular shonen adventure game, but with a more prominent love plot?

Also, is there an automatic mapping option? I liked it in EO, but in this game it just seems like a bother. But I might change my mind when I play the game, but needing to track save points on your own and other stuff in a metroidvania just seems strange - besides being able to mark your progress, I know I would prefer if I could map where I want to go/need to go in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, I know I've several times had to look at a guide to avoid backtracking when resuming a session and wondering where I was planning to go next, haha! (lik after a long time)

Last edited by Fel, , Reason: spelling

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you! :D

I've not played enough of the genres to know how well it fits, but I read a review which called it a "Metroidvania for girls" (spoiler warning!!), and it stuck with me. The game was originally built as an 'action dungeon style RPG' by Vingt et un Systems before they partnered with Otomate, and I think that's definitely reflected in the gameplay. Had I played it with no background knowledge, I don't think I would have called it a game with a particular gender target. To me, it felt like it was as much of a 'girl's action game' as any action game that's played by female gamers is.

There's just one ending, the story unravels as you make your way further into the dungeon. It's defiently not the story-heavy plot that people coming out of otome would be used to, but I thought that what was there was enjoyable and found myself wanting more.

The quests are all optional, and will most likely call for a manual, so I might suggest skipping some. But if you do skip, definitely do the "talk" quests at least because they're precious :rofl2: As you enter each room your map will be updated so you'll have a skeleton layout to see where you've been, but it's up to you to add saves/chests/doors as you like. (There's a good English guide for the map here, also.)

Although you can't review parts of the story to remember what you were doing if you put it down for a while, all of the locked doors can be unlocked by a device that's in one of the rooms directly attached to it (with the exception of doors you need a key for), so if you just keep an eye on where you haven't visited yet, you should be able to find how to proceed without getting too stuck!

Last edited by PhantomGhost,
Reactions: swosho and Fel

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While as far as I'm aware there has been no attempt at it, it'd be wonderful if there ever was a translation for the 2nd Chocoba game on the DS. Not the dungeon crawler, but the fantasy one, Chocobo Tales 2. The first game was a ton of fun and it'd be really nice to see the 2nd one translated

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
Please add this under "Actively Recruiting Projects":

FabStyle (ファブスタイル)
title-screen-v2-0-png.192457
first-customer-png.192560
my-room-v2-0-png.192386

Language:
JPN > ENG

Project Lead: Rocket Robz

Translation: The latest partial translation patch v2.0 was released in January 7th, 2020.

Tool: See thread link

Help Wanted: Translators- Translate the Story, and some other Japanese text

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Added Londonian Gothics: Meikyuu no Lolita which was brought to my attention! It doesn't quite fit the mould as there was never a patch project for it, but I found a very thorough gameplay guide covering the translation.

I know that there are more games out there with detailed English guides (which I don't quite have the time to investigate right now), but I was wondering whether that kind of thing is of interest to any hackers looking for project ideas, or whether the absence of the original lines/possibly missing parts makes it less appealing?

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@H4y4shi I apologize for not replying to this before! You may already be aware, but there is a revived project which last updated in October of this year!

--
And now for another sleeping giant...

gvcjfPX.png

...Valyr released a partial patch for Kimi no Yusha. And now, 12 years after that patch, picking up from what was publicly available from the original project, a new tool has been created for it by Illidanz of the AGT Team. Building on the capacities of the unfinished YushaTrans, the new tool is able to repack the script format, making a full translation patch possible.

8fIBNkc.png

The project is now seeking brave adventurers/translators to clear up the mystery surrounding the legend of the "Star Hero". Interested parties, please get in touch via the team's Discord server!

• Angry
Reactions: SDA and swosho

SDA

".bmob mota ruoy htiw flesruoy kcuf og yeH"
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would either go with the Wizardry: Seimei no Kusabi or the Shining Force Feather translations to be picked up and fully translated. Also Draglade (good luck to the people working on that!) and Code Geass.

Only thing that makes me extremely mad - the Kimi no Yusha translation has been revived by the AGT Team. You know I can't stand that team at all now.

EDIT: Hey, looks like Luminous Arc 3 is finally translated in English!

Last edited by SDA,

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoops, I've been a bit slow to the draw! (It's that time of year ^^')

If you've been browsing the NDS forum lately, you've probably noticed that the Luminous Arc 3 patch has now been released! As per, that means it's time for me to remove the game from the first post, so here's an archive of what used to be there:
Luminous Arc 3: Eyes (ルミナスアーク3 アイズ)
ayv71vn.png

Language: JPN > ENG

Project Lead: LuminousCat

Translation: Full dump, partial translation. (Most of the battle text, moves and items have already been completed, see "master" for edited files.)

Help Wanted: Translators- Translate the remaining story, information or an archive of the the thread from the original invisionfree forum. Please see the thread linked above for details.

Last Update: As of November 28 2021, the patch is now in the beta-testing phase!

Congratulations to everyone involved!

Witt997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i do not know if it has already been posted, but the translation patch of Tales of Innocence R for PS VITA is almost finished!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +2