Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I think by call them over skype, he meant call their customer support number or something like that using skype. U can call real telephone numbers like that too, not just skype numbers. I could be wrong however, as im not 100% sure :P
yes but that cost. I want app that can call via wifi like kingcolex said

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That thing is not free 100% Only program is free but calls cost
Y'know, if there was a service that would allow calling landlines and/or cellphones of other people completely free of charge, what would be the point of having GSM/CDMA providers? :P

If Nintendo doesn't list a Skype number/tag on its Contact page, they probably don't have one, nor its equivalent. You'll have to call them normally or continue pestering them via mail/e-mail - after all, you have an inquiry and at the end of the day, you didn't qualify for the program.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong, but Nintendo usually has toll-free numbers. They do in the US, and you can call it free from any phone.

They don't have something similar in Japan? Really?

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got my 3DS and heard about Ambassador Program I didn't have Internet I was pretty lucky that my friend let me use his wifi. The problem your in is because you didn't log on to eshop when it launched only people that logged on at that time were alledgeable to be Ambassadors I know because Nintendo said it in the 3DS notifications if you are an ambassador you should have the 3DS Ambassador certificate.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had a similar problem with a 3DS I had given to my mother. She never even turned the WiFi on. Called Nintendo and they registered it with the Ambassador program without a problem. They asked for the serial number, only.

Still can't believe Nintendo of Japan doesn't have a free number you can call.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think by call them over skype, he meant call their customer support number or something like that using skype. U can call real telephone numbers like that too, not just skype numbers. I could be wrong however, as im not 100% sure :P
This is what i meant, there are plenty of android apps that let you make calls to real numbers for free and i think skypes first call is free.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not unfair at all, you didn't read the fine print when it comes to the 3DS Ambassador Program, which clearly stated what date you had to connect to the eShop by after release in order to obtain the games. Nintendo isn't at fault for something you failed to do, and I don't believe that they should be required to give you games because you couldn't access the eShop at release time. I hear that public wireless has become common place in Japan, it's still not all that common on this side of the pond and even we would find a way to get onto the eShop if we didn't have internet access at home.

Reactions: Deleted User

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not unfair at all, you didn't read the fine print when it comes to the 3DS Ambassador Program, which clearly stated what date you had to connect to the eShop by after release in order to obtain the games. Nintendo isn't at fault for something you failed to do, and I don't believe that they should be required to give you games because you couldn't access the eShop at release time. I hear the public wireless has become common place in Japan, it's still not all that common on this side of the pond and even we would find a way to get onto the eShop if we didn't have internet access at home.
Definitely agree with this, so much time has passed. Just get over it.

Reactions: Deleted User

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, most of the Ambassador games are pretty lame anyway, the only one I played with any regularity was Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones which is still a great game.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an ambassador 3DS, bought just a couple days after the launch day. I heard about the ambassador program several weeks before the deadline. I didn't have wi-fi at home back then (now, I do). I knew I could just go to the nearest McDonald's, ten minutes walk from here, to register, but I didn't. Why? Lack of interest... The NES games, I could play on my Wii perfectly. The GBA games, I could play on my PSP or my old DS Lite, with EZ Flash 3 in 1. Now, I moved on to the 3DS XL, transferred downloaded e-shop games from old 3DS to the XL. The old 3DS is gathering dust now, but I'll keep it, maybe it'll be useful someday if ever this thing gets hacked.

Reactions: Jiehfeng
D

Deleted-236924

I've got an ambassador 3DS, bought just a couple days after the launch day. I heard about the ambassador program several weeks before the deadline. I didn't have wi-fi at home back then (now, I do). I knew I could just go to the nearest McDonald's, ten minutes walk from here, to register, but I didn't. Why? Lack of interest... The NES games, I could play on my Wii perfectly. The GBA games, I could play on my PSP or my old DS Lite, with EZ Flash 3 in 1. Now, I moved on to the 3DS XL, transferred downloaded e-shop games from old 3DS to the XL. The old 3DS is gathering dust now, but I'll keep it, maybe it'll be useful someday if ever this thing gets hacked.
Well it could have been sold on eBay for a nice price if it had Ambassador status w/ all the NES/GBA games.
Then you could have bought another 3DS for cheaper.

Reactions: Janthran

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like others have said, all you needed was ANY Wifi connection whether public or at a friend's. Without the receipt I doubt you will get to far, and knowing Nintendo, I doubt they have some failsafe for people in your situation, but you never know. Only thing you can do is contact them and HOPEFULLY you have a receipt to backup your story.

Good luck!

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
It might be difficult, but calling them is usually your best bet. Then you can get an answer and help right away. I know Google has a program built into GMail that you can call people with, dunno if it's still available though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent