UNEEK on large drive/IOS update questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by wrsg, Jul 23, 2012.

Jul 23, 2012
  1. wrsg
    OP

Newcomer wrsg Advanced Member

United States
    I just tried using my emunand with UNEEK on a 150gb FAT32 partition but when I ran the neek2o launcher from the Wii Menu it just got stuck on a black screen. The same emunand used to work fine on a smaller drive. Is there a problem with running UNEEK on a large drive/partition?

Also, I haven't updated my IOS/cMIOS files for about 4 months. I downloaded the latest updates with Modmii 6.1.5 today. Should I install these with WAD Manager or just keep my current ones?

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I've heard issues on drives above 2TB, but 150 is plenty. Heck...I'm using a 500GB drive, so.... :P
    But are you 100% sure the drive is FAT32 with a cluster size of 32k or less?
    Oh, and the drive should be compatible. Most are, but not all of them (I think this list is also a good indication for UNEEK).

Finally: UNEEK (or variants) use the IOS* on your emulated wii. As such, it really doesn't matter what you have on your real nand.

*cIOS as well, but not that many actually WORK on emulated nands (Waninkoko's rev14 was one of the few exceptions, to my knowledge)

3. wrsg
    OP

Newcomer wrsg Advanced Member

United States
    I'm not 100% sure if it's 32k clusters, but I did select that in Easeus Partition manager. If there's a better program to create a FAT32 partition with 32k clusters, someone please let me know.

The drive is a standard SATA2 model though.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    There are probably better programs, but I seriously doubt you'll find it in the freeware category. And it's certainly fitted for the job (I use it as well). Just to check for sure, follow the instructions on this page.

But...SATA2 model? Either you mean USB and are mixing up terms, or you'll have some sort of SATA-to-USB convertor. And I don't think a wii can handle these. :unsure: