Uneek DI

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lex luthor, Oct 21, 2011.

Oct 21, 2011

Uneek DI by lex luthor at 12:26 AM (711 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. lex luthor
    OP

Member lex luthor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I created a clean nand with modmii and it boots perfectly. I can see the game list. The problem is that I installed like 3 forwarder channels and the only channel that appears installed is the mii channel. When I open the nand in showmiiwads it display all the channels I installed but when I run Uneek it does not display any of them except the Mii Channel.

How do I solve this?

2. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    Delete the channelcache.bin file in the sneek folder so that a new one gets created. Run the channels once trough the systemmenu. (I assume they appear there?) How did you install them on the emulated nand? You could try to install them using mmm and see if it makes a difference.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...I had that issue back when trying to fix a bricked Uneek DI nand. I got it to work in the end, but it had the same "issue" that it didn't show all the channels (it's between brackets because I like it that way...it slows down the startup time if you have too many channels visible on your uneek nand). However, in postloader and showmiiwads, it still showed these channels.

Since you only have 3, I would suggest to use postloader and run them from there. Because once you run those channels through there, they'll show up on your emu-nand.

There was also some program called UIDmanager that sounded like it did the same thing (controlled what channels were visible). Haven't found the time to properly check, but that may work as well.

...and finally: snort48+ may also come in handy at this point. It's possible it already marks those channels as "visible", but moving them to another location or removing/readding them to the display may also cause it to show up on the emu-nand.

EDIT: what obcd says will most likely also work (removing and reinstalling the wads). Since they're forwarder channels, it doesn't make much difference (kinda different with wiiware/VC, where you may lose your savegames by removing/reinstalling them).

4. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    If they don't show up in the system menu, they probably don't have a valid entry in the uid.sys file.
    Without such an entry, they can't have valid gamesaves either.
    If you can launch the channels, neek will automatically create an entry in the uid.sys file.