OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
UNEEK cDI module PB 1.

Instructions:

Use SNEEKInstaller v0.6c by Crediar to build the bineary. Simply replace the iosmodule downloaded by the installer with this module and build UNEEK as normal.

Folder structure:

Games go in a subfolder in the wbfs map in the root on your usb device. The following structures are supported for now:

- usb:/wbfs/Game Name [xxxxxx]/xxxxxx.wbfs
- usb:/wbfs/xxxxxx_Game Name/xxxxxx.wbfs
- usb:/wbfs/xxxxxx/xxxxxx.wbfs

Of cource the "xxxxxx" stand for the ID6 of a game

The name of the subfolder is limited to 31 chars. Folder with longer names are skipped

Known issues:

- Only wbfs files that contain only the game partition are supported for now. Games with the update partition present are skipped
- Out of region games loaded through the DI menu won't show up in the disc channel. JoYflow is able to play these games.
- Game play is generaly good, but loading times may vary
- Not all games are supported yet

Downloads:

UNEEK cDI module PB 1

UNEEK cDI module PB 1 source

JoYflow 1.1 beta 6 (With support for this module)

Please, do not rehost these files. Instead link to these downloads

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see you have rijndeal.c in there. did you try it out using the wii's HW based crypto stuff to decrypt the game?

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
giantpune said:
i see you have rijndeal.c in there. did you try it out using the wii's HW based crypto stuff to decrypt the game?

I tried, but couldn't get it to work yet. I think it will speed up the process a lot that way. If you know what calls I need for this I would love to hear about it

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is code to use the wii's HW crypto engine in MINI and/or comex's nand formatter. it should be a simple copy/paste from there.

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok my test with the new (cDI module) DI.bin

uneek+di (4.3u) rev154

folder structure
usb:/wbfs/Game Name [xxxxxx]/xxxxxx.wbfs

mario kart wii ...... don`t work black screen

cod3 ..... lag during game paly

Monster Hunter Tri ...... works perfect

super mario galaxy 1 ...... works perfect

metal slug ....... don`t work black screen

mario super sluggers ...... works perfect

lego indiana jones 2 ..... works perfect

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
there is code to use the wii's HW crypto engine in MINI and/or comex's nand formatter. it should be a simple copy/paste from there.
Nope. Those programs can talk to the hardware directly, the DI module is part of IOS so it has to use syscalls to setup keys and run the AES engine.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice, nice.
smile.gif

...and right before my long weekend, no less.
yaywii.gif

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tueidj said:
giantpune said:
Nope. Those programs can talk to the hardware directly, the DI module is part of IOS so it has to use syscalls to setup keys and run the AES engine.
Oke than I gues thats the reason the compiler complains about some ASM code.

I tried using syscalls, but it didn't return the right decrypted data for now. I gues it has something to do with setting up the keys. I'll go that way again

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DeadlyFoez said:
Sweet. It's nice to see crediar still working on this.
OverjoY said:
Please, do not rehost these files. Instead link to these downloads
No, crediar isn't working on this. He means, that crediar provided the source of his default DI plugin from his SNEEK repository and OverjoY has modified it to add WBFS support.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kylster said:
So is this the best way to play wbfs games from uneek?
Unless I'm mistaken, this is currently the only way to play .wbfs games on uneek.

First tests are fairly good. Disc reading is noticeably slower, but once the games load, they play just the same as normal.

Tested games thus far:
-Ivy the kiwi: works fine
-Another super mario bros wii: works fine (though the extra 4-5 seconds between dying and going back to the minimap is enervating)
-donkey kong country returns: loads the menu, then fails (eternal loop when it has to show the island: it just keeps showing those clouds)
-rock band 2: works...though the USB microphone isn't detected (can someone plz confirm/deny this? I'm not sure if it's just me messing things up)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Uneek versions before rev. 150 are still using both usb ports.
I believe even in rev. 154 a small buxfix was done related to the resetting of the usb ports. Maybe this solves the microphone issue, I don't know?
Isn't it like some mic. games are working and others aren't in uneek? It's not related to the cdi module.

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got the decryption process with the Wii's internal HW crypto engine working now. (stupid me forgot about that there was one read in the DVDSelectGame() function and the KeyID isn't set @ that moment).

Unfortunately this does not gain impressive speed ups in the loading times

EDIT:

And now I lost those changes due to a crash of one of my internal hdds. This is the second one in 4 months. I don't ever buy a WD hdd again!!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ouch...that's unfortunate, man.
frown.gif

Best of luck.

Further test results:

wii sports & wii sports resort: work fine
Metroid: other M: black screens instead of loading

Don't show up in joyflow-list (despite being named just the 6-letter interface):
EDIT: the following are games with an update partition, so this is normal
-House of the dead overkill [RHOP8P]
-a boy and his blob [SBLE5G]
-Godfather blackhand edition [RGFP69]
-wii fit plus [RFPP01] (this has a 'GC' partition instead of 'UG')
-Monster hunter tri
-Metal slug anthology

Is there any way to tell if these games have an update partition? EDIT: answered in posts below

@obcd: I'm aware of the pre-150 versions, but I compiled my own stuff with sneek installer 0.6c and used it to grab the latest files, so I assume it's r154 (works fine in r150, by the way...but haven't tested that one with this modified iosmodule).

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just toke apart one of my external hdds to replace the broken one and thank god there was a Seagate inside

I will fix those game that don't work asap, but with the games I don't own I need help to collect some values. All you need for this is of course the wbfs file and a simple hex editor.

If you open the game in Wii Backup Manager it will show you if the update partition is present.

Anyway thanks for testing and sharing the details

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night