Gaming Undumped GBA

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like the GBA releases have finally stopped now and I was wondering if there were still any undumped roms floating about. If so what are they and are they even worth dumping ?

What was the last OFFICIAL rom released anyway ? Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone was the last scene numbered rom but that's not necessarily the last rom made.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Main site i use list's
2807 Europe Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone 256MBit

And other main site
Yggdra Union ~ We'll Never Fight Alone ~ EUR 2807 256 Mbit 16.73 MB

And gamefaqs shows no upcoming gba games
frown.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yea, the Gameboy Advance basically reached the end of the line, no new games are being made for it, developers who had unreleased games for it ported them to the DS.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats a shame too--so many games are being ported to the DS poorly

Hey, Devs! NEWS FLASH You dont have to force Touchscreen input to EVERY SINGLE GAME! Its enough if you simply make the game play display on top and the menu/invenetory permanently available below. We gamers dont mind--just make the game good and playable.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, some of the GBA Video carts are obviously undumped, but more for technical reasons rather than "the console is dead" reasons.

nekkutta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, since it is looking like there will be no more GBA dumps, how bout we get some cheat files, I like the new cheat database here, but its all for DS.

nekkutta

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's one that was supposedly released for the GBA, but I haven't seen a dump, nor the actual ROM anywhere.... (via gamefaqs)

Towers II: Plight of the Stargazer Vatical Entertainment 08/27/02 US

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I can tell Vatical Entertainment are long gone
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/vati...ertainment-llc/
http://www.neoseeker.com/Companies/profile..._Entertainment/
http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?type=com...&mode=11300

Their website http://www.vatical.com/index_main.htm is just a domain landing page now (can not be bothered to do a reverse DNS right now).

No games released in over 6 years on any of those sites (and certainly nowhere near August 2002).

Of course prototypes have appeared in the past (Kien, Haunted mansion and fruit chase spring to mind) but I would have thought there would have been some word by now.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They must've been part of Telegames, they used to produce games for alot of "dead" consoles, e.g. Iron Soldier and IIRC both Towers games for the Jag.

Last I checked Telegames was still around but IIRC did not list either of the Towers games...

[EDIT]
Also, they probably only sold direct via mailorder or web order as they did with their other games, although IIRC they ported Iron Soldier to the PSX and actually sold that one in stores...

I dug this up on Telegames, but it lists it for GBC?!
http://www.telegames.com/t2_gbc.htm
[/EDIT]

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@cutterjohn now you have gone and got me worked up about ultimate card games for the DS again (been tba for about 2 years now at least).
That aside I never thought I would see "Approximately 6 minutes of vocal conversations" in a game advert/feature list again.
However if it lives up to other telegames products it could well be a good shining in the darkness "clone" which would be welcomed (hell it is just cannon fodder and streets of rage left on my list now).

edit: my bad, it seems the second version never appeared although there is the first:
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbrelgbc.php?id=0576
Either way it has to beat warriors of might and magic for the GBC.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's the GBC Towers 1 release, and it was dumped. (I tracked down a copy somewhere, but it's horrible. They tried to do a mouse based GUI interface, which just doesn't work at all on handhelds w/o at least a touch screen... It's painful...)

Well here's to hoping that the Towers II shows up sometime... (checked on ebay & amazon so far, just turned up the Windows version...)
Craigslist will be next...

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
funem said:
What was the last OFFICIAL rom released anyway ? Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone was the last scene numbered rom but that's not necessarily the last rom made.
There were a few other releases in the meantime... and I'm sure that's not even all of them:

2008-07-16 08:11:43 Spider_-_Man_3_SPA_GBA-iND
2008-06-05 19:45:42 Fire_Emblem_-_Rekka_no_Ken_Prototype_0219_JPN_GBA-HPZ
2008-06-05 19:45:32 Fire_Emblem_-_Rekka_no_Ken_Prototype_0206_JPN_GBA-HPZ
2008-06-05 05:49:46 Bratz_the_Movie_EUR_GBA-SirVG
2008-05-19 21:58:32 2in1_-_Golden_Nugget_and_Texas_Poker_EUR_GBA-iND
2008-05-19 21:56:08 2_in_1_Monstres_and_Cie_and_Le_Monde_de_Nemo_FRA_GBA-Eternity
2008-05-19 21:52:09 2_Games_In_1_Brother_Bear_Disney_Princess_Multi8_EUR_GBA-iND
2008-05-19 21:51:20 2_Games_in_1_-_Scooby_Doo_y_Scooby_Doo_2_Desastado_SPA_GBA-iND

Were they all dupes or why aren't they listed?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bratz we already discussed (it apparently never pre'd and so far none of us have a problem with the GBA ending on Yggdra Union).
Fire emblem releases are betas and would be XXXX.

The others I have not heard of and apparently neither have the sources I use (not checked usenet yet though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy @K3Nv2 In the cas of Robin it would be Dick Grayson