GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Replace all the Sound_Battle_VoiceX.cpk from the J rom to the U rom.
(X=1-5)

Something else i noticed is that the japanese rom had more files then the US rom. Anyone know why? One of them was Sound_EventVoice_Files. Anyone know what that do?
Still on the first battle so have no idea if it undubs anything else then the battle voices.

Yet im still new to this so tell if i screwed up
wacko.gif

EDIT: Thanks to sinbatsu for finding a way to dub it better
ohmy.gif
USE AT OWN RISK!!!
sinbatsu said:
Here's xdelta patch for the (J) version, it translate the scenario to (U) version
but, be warned! There's some problems occurs:

[Glitch 01]
There maybe several events that missaligned, the name of character speaking is wrong, the voice not right, and silences when there are text on the box.
So far only the flashback after Wyl get hit when saving ancel have this glitch. Maybe there's more.
It maybe crash too.

[Glitch 02]
System menu stil in japan, option,load menu.
Some battle texts are also missaligned.

Use at your own risk!
Only appliable to the (J) version, since the (U) version will not load the voices, maybe need an arm9 hack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lause81x78sj2i8

I only tested this until Ceripha and her father joins.

Reactions: swosho

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, those other files you found are the voices of the story cutscenes and Squeenix did not dub those events, instead they just cut out all of those voiceovers.

I wonder if it's possible to add them to the game again?

xiuide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
Well, those other files you found are the voices of the story cutscenes and Squeenix did not dub those events, instead they just cut out all of those voiceovers.

I wonder if it's possible to add them to the game again?

assuming you can find the (J) file that has the voice pointers, and that SE didnt add anything extra voice to the dub, and indeed just took out (see: Suikoden Tierkreis) then theroeticly you should be able to just use the jap pointer file with the U rom. Ill take a look into it as soon as JAP rom finishes dumping

xiuide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most probable place to look on how to add the extra files is in Scenario_PrivateFiles.cpk It has a pretty abnormal file size difference between the U and J version. mostly you dont see anymore than a 0.02MB or so file differnce between region release, but this one is 0.74MB so theres got to be more than just text differences in that file. I think that CRI has a file to unpack .cpk files, but i dont know about repacking them.

Hopeful Death

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you use the original Japanese rom and replace just that file with the English one, you get English text and no voices. I'd imagine that means there's something in there preventing voices. On the other hand, if you use the English rom and replace it with the Japanese file, you still get no voices. bleh

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope you guys find a way, really, I want this game sooo bad, it would be awesome with voice-acting!

Best luck for you all GBATempers!
yaynds.gif

Guile589

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I was looking at the files in this rom for quite a while now and for now I can say that this is beyond my skills to make voices in english version. As far as I kow, the audio pointers aswell all the text in events is in the Scenario_PrivateFiles.cpk. If there was a way to edit this file and take pointers out of Japanese version to US version it would make a perfect undub for event cutscenes.

xiuide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im grabbing the trail SDK from CRI to unpack the .cpk file, and tinker inside of it. hopefully the trial sdk will include a recomplier as well, but somehow i doubt it., ill edit if i find anything interesting

edit1:

here is the Scenario_PrivateFiles.cpk (U) file info:
-----------------------------------------------------
CPK Filename?Scenario_PrivateFiles.cpk
File format version?Ver.2, Rev.3
Data alignment?512
Content files?551
Compressed files?551
Content file size?2,715,984
Compressed file size?1,428,392 (52.59%)
Enable Filename info.?False
Enable ID info.?True (3,632 bytes)
Tool version?CPKMC1.40.00, DLL1.40.00

here is the Scenario_PrivateFiles.cpk (J) file info:
CPK Filename?Scenario_PrivateFiles.cpk
File format version?Ver.2, Rev.3
Data alignment?512
Content files?551
Compressed files?551
Content file size?3,600,640
Compressed file size?2,195,000 (60.96%)
Enable Filename info.?False
Enable ID info.?True (3,632 bytes)
Tool version?CPKMC1.40.00, DLL1.40.00

edit2:

after decompressing both .cpk files, it seems that *most* of the files inside only vary by 1kb from U to J. however there are some noteable files with 4kb+ differences, where i suspect would be the first place to look:

ID00002
ID00003
ID00005
ID00307 - ID00307
ID00313
ID00315
ID00316
(after this, it seems about half of the remaining files (about 200) are 4kb+ larger in the (J) version)

edit3:

interestingly enough, i decided to take a crap-shoot and open one of the files extracted in notepad, lo and behold, guess what i found? perfectly legible text!
heres a direct copy/paste from ID00002 from (U) version of game:

Code:
W y l f r e dÂÂ A n c e lÂÂ C h e r i p h aÂÂ L o c k s w e l lÂÂ D a r i u sÂÂ G w e n d a lÂÂ E a r n e s tÂÂ N a t a l i aÂÂ M i r e i l l eÂÂ M i s c h k aÂÂ H e u g o eÂÂ D u w a i nÂÂ R o s e aÂÂ L i e s e l o t t eÂÂ U s h i oÂÂ V a l m u rÂÂ P h i o n aÂÂ R e i n h i l d eÂÂ A u g u s t eÂÂ F a u x n e lÂÂ L a n g r e yÂÂ K r i s t o f fÂÂ R o i e n b o u r gÂÂ A i l y t hÂÂ L e n n e t hÂÂ F r e y aÂÂ H r i s tÂÂ A r n g r i mÂÂ D i r eÂÂ W o l fÂÂ K o b o l dÂÂ G h o u lÂÂ Y o uÂÂ s a yÂÂ t h i sÂÂ b a t t l eÂÂ w i l lÂÂ b eÂÂ y o u rÂÂ f i r s t ?

blackkat101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are, just some comments I made on this on another site... not sure if it pertains to anything in perticullar towards this, but I hope it does...

------
Mmm... I love this game, I really do.... but......... The sad part is that they didn't voice the entire game like the Japanese version. Try it out and you'll see that 90% of the game is voiced in the Japanese version, but we get the shaft. Not only do they not get voice actors and voice it like the Japanese, but they don't even let us turn on the Japanese voices if we want to hear them.

I can understand Japanese well enough to get the 80% of the story when playing the Japanese version, but I'm not that great at reading it, so I have a problem with the items and menus... ah, but I really want the voices. It really is part of why I loved the Valkyrie Profile series so much is that even the original on the Playstation had voices...

Ah well, guess complaining won't really help to much.......

That is unless.... Would anyone know how to take the sound from the Japanese rom of the game and place it into the US rom?  That way there would be voices, but still leave all the text in English.
------

-Someone then mentioned to look for an undub, so I did...

------
It's too bad there is no undub one. I've been looking. Most have found how to replace the battle voices with the japanese ones, but that doesn't solve the problem with the voices in the events. Because that file was compleatly left out of the english version, the simple matter of swaping out the english file for the japanese one fails.  The english rom of the game does not have the pointers to trigger the voices that the japanese one has and just adding in a file that was originally not there will just cause the rom to compleatly not work... It seems that a bit of programming might help, but someone more skilled than myself should seeing as I have moot.

It would be nice if there was an undub version of this to play, but sadly, I cannot find one.  If you do, please let me know.
------

-Then I thought a bit and this popped out of me...

------
Actually, now that I think about it... Yah, it would be difficult to put in not only the voices but the pointers as well into the english version.

Well, actully, that you all knew, but (if anyone is paying attention to me) would it not be easier to place the english text for the story, items, etc, into the japanese version? Then all you'd have to do is take the text out of the US ver and put it in the JAP ver, that way leaving the voices, pointers and all else intact...

Well, that's just a thought.  I still have no idea myself on how to do that, but maybe someone will be able to take something from that....
------

Ah well. I guess I didn't have much (if anything) to help or offer. Sorry

Guile589

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
This kind of file swap won't do, beacuse script has pointers for event sound files and if you don't edit the english script and paste those pointers in there won't be any diffrence...

xiuide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
xiuide, does the trial SDK include tools for compressing back?

as far as I can tell, it does, I have not tested it yet, however. it may or may not do the compression the same way as their pro version.

blackkat101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSLazy lets you unpack and repack a game (as well as patch). If that's what you where looking for.

Now if you're just looking to replace the battle voices for the japanese ones, then you just have to take the

Sound_Battle_Voice1.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice2.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice3.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice4.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice5.cpk

files from the japanese rom and place them in the english rom and that works perfectly.

Though, this still does not solve the more important (well to me anyways) problem of figuring out how to get the event voices in.

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blackkat101 said:
The DSLazy lets you unpack and repack a game (as well as patch). If that's what you where looking for.

Now if you're just looking to replace the battle voices for the japanese ones, then you just have to take the

Sound_Battle_Voice1.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice2.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice3.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice4.cpk
Sound_Battle_Voice5.cpk

files from the japanese rom and place them in the english rom and that works perfectly.

Though, this still does not solve the more important (well to me anyways) problem of figuring out how to get the event voices in.

So while I know this will replace the in battle voices, even if we change the scenario_private file from the J to the U version, it still does not add event voices correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back