Undoing HBC upgrades

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rasputin, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

Undoing HBC upgrades by rasputin at 5:33 PM (1,148 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. rasputin
    OP

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I want to remove whatever HBC did to my wii when i upgraded via the old HBC channel to the new one, it's installed some IOS (maybe cios's???, i really!! hope not) onto my wii and i also allowed it to install dvdx which is not working, i presume because the HBC installer didn't take into account my wii is chipped... i want to undo what the hell ever it's done

Could an expert work out from my titleslist.txt file what HBC has done ?

ideally i would like to go back to how it was because my wii just doesn't feel the same now

before i allowed HBC to mess with my wii it was as so....

3.2e with extra IOS's 37,38,53,55 installed via wad manager

i don't mind deleteing HBC itself too, because i can install the older version which worked fine via iso as my wii is still 3.2 and chipped.

titlelist->
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Code:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

3. rasputin
    OP

United States
    thx for the anser about hide/spoiler

anyway i ran the hackmii installer and it gave some info and said dvdx was installed to IOS36 ???????? eh ?

anyway good news is the hckmii installer allowed me to uninstall it, so now i guess
    i need to reinstall a legit IOS36..?? ... i'm worried now what else may have been installed incorrectly without my knowledge by the HBC upgrade?? shruggs ?

have to say this is shoody work by the HBC team ? i though they were the scene leaders....... offer to install something do it right eh ?

anyone confirm that installing ios36 is safe ? ... i guessing no-one will really know though, thx HBC team :/

4. drmr

Newcomer drmr Member

United States
    "You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance." (Edward Flaherty)

5. iceache

Member iceache GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    <!--quoteo(post=2092005:date=Jul 1 2009, 06:33 PM:name=rasputin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rasputin @ Jul 1 2009, 06:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2092005"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I want to remove whatever HBC did to my wii when i upgraded via the old HBC channel to the new one, it's installed some IOS (maybe cios's???, i really!! hope not) onto my wii and i also allowed it to install dvdx which is not working, i presume because the HBC installer didn't take into account my wii is chipped... i want to undo what the hell ever it's done

Could an expert work out from my titleslist.txt file what HBC has done ?

ideally i would like to go back to how it was because my wii just doesn't feel the same now

before i allowed HBC to mess with my wii it was as so....

3.2e with extra IOS's 37,38,53,55 installed via wad manager

i don't mind deleteing HBC itself too, because i can install the older version which worked fine via iso as my wii is still 3.2 and chipped.

titlelist->
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does your Wii still function like normal?

6. rasputin
    OP

United States
    It's better now after i got rid of the faulty dvdx install, i put my discs in and it recognises the discs very quickly now as it used to.

IOS36 seems to be intact as Mariokart, we love golf which run on IOS36 are fine.

I guess the 'clue' response was by a member of the infamous brown noser squad... anyway it seems the dvdx installer in the new HBC installer no good for mod-chip setups eh ?

7. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    DVDx may very well not work well with mod chips, but that doesn't make their work shoddy at all. That update to install bootmii and the new HBC has SOOOOO many validity checks on systems to make sure that it can properly install to any Wii without damaging anything. DVDx isn't really a big point of the update in the hackmii installer. The important things are the updated HBC and bootmii, which should not make any sort of damaging changes to existing IOS's. The IOS bootmii installs to IOS254 which is a custom IOS which means nothing else should have been using that IOS and the boot2 bootmii installs to boot2, which nothing else you install can even come close to touching. The HBC may just change what IOS it runs off of, but that also should have no effect on anything else your Wii does.

None of these things should adversely affect anything else on your Wii. The title lister you posted is basically everything that's installed on your Wii because it checked that before installing what it needed to. And even with the problem that DVDx may have caused on your Wii they still provided a very simple way to uninstall it with the same hackmii installer used to install it to begin with.

What did you expect DVDx to do by the way to know it wasn't working?