Hacking Undetecable Flash Firmware

Rxq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it true there is an undetecable version of flash firmware that will preserve teh DS lites warranty?

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Undetectable to a noob yes...Undetectable to Nintendo Warranty Claims officer Probably NOT...I would be interested if anyone has send a flashme installed ndsl in for repair and got it fixed for free

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undetectable to a noob yes...Undetectable to Nintendo Warranty Claims officer Probably NOT...I would be interested if anyone has send a flashme installed ndsl in for repair and got it fixed for free

I have to send my ds in (hinge crack) but i dont want to wait!
From what ive heard, they dont even inspect them, they just thow them out, and send you a new one.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to send my ds in (hinge crack) but i dont want to wait!
From what ive heard, they dont even inspect them, they just thow them out, and send you a new one.

They don't throw them out they replace the parts that are damaged. If your hinge is cracked they will replace the top door. If touch screen is damaged they will replace the touch screen. If the board is fried they will replace the board, etc.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
no, they send you a completely new DS. I sent mine in for a hinge crack. and i got a completely new DS with another year of warranty....sweet deal if you ask me.

edit: I dont think they throw them out either, probably scrap it for parts for new ds's.

kidxsoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering about this too. I have a cracked hinge as well and I want to send it in to get it replaced/fixed. I just reflashed my DS with flashmestealth, so hopefully they won't notice.

Has anyone actually sent in a flashed ds with a cracked hinge and got it repaired without any hassle?

EDIT: Does anyone advise using the noflashme (for when I send it back) even though it messes up pictochat etc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."