Undetecable Flash Firmware

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rxq, Sep 3, 2006.

Sep 3, 2006

Undetecable Flash Firmware by Rxq at 10:52 PM (910 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Rxq
    OP

Newcomer Rxq Advanced Member

Canada
    Is it true there is an undetecable version of flash firmware that will preserve teh DS lites warranty?

2. bullet007

Member bullet007 GBAtemp Regular

Flashme_stealth?

3. omegatr0n

Member omegatr0n GBAtemp Regular

Undetectable to a noob yes...Undetectable to Nintendo Warranty Claims officer Probably NOT...I would be interested if anyone has send a flashme installed ndsl in for repair and got it fixed for free

4. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    I have to send my ds in (hinge crack) but i dont want to wait!
    From what ive heard, they dont even inspect them, they just thow them out, and send you a new one.

5. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They don't throw them out they replace the parts that are damaged. If your hinge is cracked they will replace the top door. If touch screen is damaged they will replace the touch screen. If the board is fried they will replace the board, etc.

6. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    no, they send you a completely new DS. I sent mine in for a hinge crack. and i got a completely new DS with another year of warranty....sweet deal if you ask me.

edit: I dont think they throw them out either, probably scrap it for parts for new ds's.

7. kidxsoup

Newcomer kidxsoup Member

I was wondering about this too. I have a cracked hinge as well and I want to send it in to get it replaced/fixed. I just reflashed my DS with flashmestealth, so hopefully they won't notice.

Has anyone actually sent in a flashed ds with a cracked hinge and got it repaired without any hassle?

EDIT: Does anyone advise using the noflashme (for when I send it back) even though it messes up pictochat etc?