Undertale getting physical release on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita

The critically acclaimed indie game, Undertale, will be getting a release on Sony platforms this summer. For those that didn't get to experience the game on PC, back when it launched in 2015, Undertale's PlayStation release will be both digital and physical, as well as offer a Japanese localization by the company 8-4. Fangamer, who has been behind most of Undertale's physical merchandise will also offer boxed editions of the game, and a collector's edition, to boot! All standard physical versions will ship with a 24 page artbook, while the collector's edition will offer a full soundtrack CD, sheet music for the game's songs, a heart locket, and a collector's box. There's no set price available at this time, but the product will launch this summer.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The critically acclaimed indie game, Undertale, will be getting a release on Sony platforms this summer. For those that didn't get to experience the game on PC, back when it launched in 2015, Undertale's PlayStation release will be both digital and physical, as well as offer a Japanese localization by the company 8-4. Fangamer, who has been behind most of Undertale's physical merchandise will also offer boxed editions of the game, and a collector's edition, to boot! All standard physical versions will ship with a 24 page artbook, while the collector's edition will offer a full soundtrack CD, sheet music for the game's songs, a heart locket, and a collector's box. There's no set price available at this time, but the product will launch this summer.

Oh, well... looks like I'll be dusting off my Vita...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows, maybe this will be announced for the switch as well during the treehouse event? Because iirc the game was rumored to get a port on the Wii u but that fell through. Anyways, looking forward to playing it whether on the PS4 or on the switch if it happens.

Reactions: Zense

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Heard so much about the game that I think I'll finally get It on my Vita, but I'll wait a sale, it definitely won't bem worth full price

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is not that great of a game, yes it has some memorable segments, characters, story telling and music, but a RPG that is also combined bullet hell with two ways to play, kill or spare.

Earthbound is a better game than this, but still not a fan of it either. One thing i noticed of the game is this genocide story is boring as hell. The goal is to kill all the enemies, which is all just random encounters.... which sometimes take forever, over 5 minutes. Doesn't help. Non genocide runs, you always walking into fight, that is just the reason why i don't see people doing that story often.

I'm not saying the game is bad, Is okay to play but is not much rather than just experiencing a crafty story telling with people waiting to board a train full of memes and rule 34 on express way to nowhere. Cave story which is also on pc is %50 cheaper and more game to play with the same level of story telling, just like undertale done by single person with ambitions to create retro game of epic proportions, that game will be on switch soon for $30 as digital download, (Not sure of physical retail cart) It will probably have the steam content with updated graphics but worth playing. This is also worth playing but you probably will be bored after you play all the story sequences. But you still will have access to the good soundtrack the game has. :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I gotta say, it's very rare to see RPG's that allow for non-violent conflict resolution. Something that really should be the cornerstone of the genre is often neglected in favour of boring hack 'n slashes grinds. If you're interested in that kind of gameplay, don't miss out and be sure to pick up Torment: Tides of Numenera or Wasteland 2 instead of this release - Undertale is Game Maker garbage. :tpi:

Reactions: zoogie

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say, it's very rare to see RPG's that allow for non-violent conflict resolution. Something that really should be the cornerstone of the genre is often neglected in favour of boring hack 'n slashes grinds. If you're interested in that kind of gameplay, don't miss out and be sure to pick up Torment: Tides of Numenera or Wasteland 2 instead of this release - Undertale is Game Maker garbage. :tpi:
It reminds me of how some players actually play metal gear solid without killing anyone, to get a big boss rank, is something i never done but always wanted to try. Then again, since there some rpg games that are actually made to be playable without grinding since is action based fair dodge attacks system like mario & luigi, which is one of the rpg games i like the most. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse