Undertale for Nintendo Switch to get collector's edition, launches this fall

undertale-collectors-edition-1.jpg

A few weeks ago, we saw the announcement of Undertale and a collector's edition for the Switch in Japan. Now, Fangamer has revealed that the west will also be getting the very same collector's edition. This version of the game comes with a physical cartridge and case, inside of a larger collector's box, alongside a story booklet, the game's soundtrack, a booklet with sheet music, and a heart locket. Undertale for Switch is set to release sometime this September, with the standard edition retailing for $29.99, and the limited collector's edition selling for $69.99.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Cool but I never understood the hype for the game. Its extremely short and simple

That being said..how is it a collector's edition without a steelbook?!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t imagine many people would buy the collector’s edition or even the regular, most people who wanted the game probably already have it, unless they really like the game that much. It was way too short and uninteresting for me. And of course, SANESSS ONDERTAIL

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My main interest (if I was buying this) would be the locket and the story booklet. You can get the soundtrack on Steam or The Bay.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just what we need, more 3 year old ports of games everyone's already played.

I'll never understand the massive hype for this game, but eh, the collectors edition looks decent I suppose if you're a fan.

Newsflash, I never played it, but have zero interest in it *shrug*

Reactions: chartube12

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hype around it dulled a lot of people to it - and the fandom certainly beat it into the ground - but it was an excellent game. I played it because a friend suggested it and really enjoyed it. Everything that came after, maybe not so much, but it was a super clever, cool title.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh. It might just be me, but I feel this title should've stayed PC only. It was one hell of a good indie, but giving it this almost AAA esque treatment (it's pretty much either on or going to be on all current consoles, deluxe edition and so on) just doesn't feel right.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cool but I never understood the hype for the game. Its extremely short and simple

That being said..how is it a collector's edition without a steelbook?!
Main story is over 7 hours long. How is that "extremely short"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just what we need, more 3 year old ports of games everyone's already played.

I'll never understand the massive hype for this game, but eh, the collectors edition looks decent I suppose if you're a fan.
I'll take these ports of older games than shitty "indie" cashgrabs flooding the Switch right now any day.

I_doTinySoldering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a twist!
He's actually a ghost.. or they were your friends!
Violence is super mean!
I see dead people!

What a twist!

Or not. Meh.

Nice little super expensive cash grab, though.

I still have an original Apple ][ Ultima I in the box. We'll see which RPG is a real collector's item worth cash in a few years. :) Underfail won't be.

Reactions: XDel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all