[UNDERTALE] Did I screw up my Genocide Route?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Ev1lbl0w, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    I don't know if this is the right section to ask this, but whatever.

So, after completing UNDERTALE in Neutral and True Pacifist, I decided I should finish with the Genocide Route (even if it hurts my heart xD).

In Snowdin, whenever I tried to save, it would warn me of the amount left on enemies I needed to kill. It said 3 guys, but since I defeated every enemy in Snowdin listed in the wiki, I assumed I was good to go.

However, when reaching the Mad Dummy part, he doesn't transform into the Glad Dummy. Even if I hit him before he talks.

So, did I screw up and do I need to do everything again? Or am I good to go?

2. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Mmh, from what I can understand, in order to reach Genocide Ending you need to kill every single monster in each of the area of the game, when the Save-spot told you "3 monsters left" it was meaning that there were more random encounters to have, of course it is harder to encounter them as rate decreases per each enemy killed, since the Mad Dummy didn't transform, that means either that you have to take the boat to go to Snowdin and then kill them all or restart the game, but I'm not sure if that monster (the boat guy) is available in Genocide so, I would suggest you to restart and kill all the monsters until the area is absolutely devoid of monsters, ie the "No One came".

You will also know this by having the save-spot telling you "Determination" each time you save, this is valid with all the areas of the game.

Ev1lbl0w and Meteor7 like this.
  3. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    Thank you @Demifiend xD