undersized gc images

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kristijan08, Mar 9, 2007.

Mar 9, 2007

undersized gc images by kristijan08 at 1:14 PM (1,749 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. kristijan08
    OP

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So i got a few gamecube images (genuinely for backup purposes!) but they are undersized; i.e. for the wii to read them they must be exactly 1.35 gigs, however the image is actually only 139 meg (yes, this is the FULL size and it is not corrupt)! Does anyone know how to "unshrink" the image, thereby making it 1.35 gig and readable by the wii.... i could make a multidisk with the new GCoS probably, but i prefer to keep 1 game per dvd, im just anal like that....

Thanks in advance

Kristijan

p.s. god/wod unscrambler doesn't work as the image is not scrambled (tried that already [​IMG])

2. raz--

Newcomer raz-- Member

Belgium
    You need to use FSTFIX to make images back to their original size [​IMG]

I'm lazzy but google it and you should find a link [​IMG]

raz--

3. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Just keep them undersized and used GCOS and put more than one GC game on a disk, saves you wasting 8 dvds when you could have 8 games on a dvd. I think the wii can read undersized GC games though because im sure i burnt LoZ: Four Swords which was 200mb and it worked fine.

4. raz--

Newcomer raz-- Member

Belgium
    He said that he wants to keep one game per disk ... Though I don't know if undersized games work on the wii... Anybody can confirm this 100% ?

thx

5. instigator

Newcomer instigator Advanced Member

Canada
    This from the README included in the shrinker folder: "Do not use it to create a multi Game disc as it won't work with Wii and this version of GCOS!"

So no, shrunk images will not work on the Wii yet.

6. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
  7. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    well, maybe the iso's they are putting onto the discs are 1.35 gigs... they could fit a couple games on a regular DVD. i dont know, though, i have no expierence, my chip should arrive next week, i hope.

8. kristijan08
    OP

Australia
    I can 100% confirm that if you burn an undersized image via an image burner it will NOT work on the wii, the disc will be recognised but it will not load... i'm going to try doing a data burn of the iso and running it via the new gcos...

@raz, thanks i've found fstfix, if i can't do the above method i'll try fxtfst next [​IMG]

Thanks guys, i'll let you know how it goes

9. kristijan08
    OP

Australia
    Well i had no luck with any of the methods so far, perhaps i have actually got a bad dump of the game? strange because GC-Tool didn't seem to hate it, nevermind! if anyone finds a working combination with an undersized image consider this an open invite to share your success [​IMG]

10. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Im pretty sure i burnt LoZ: Four swords to DVD when it was only 200mb and it worked fine, Is it an import you're trying to play? Have you tried booting it with GCOS?

11. kristijan08
    OP

Australia
    yeah i think you may be right jaxxster, im starting to think that i got a bad dump! thanks for your help guys

12. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    so is anyone able to actually confirm one way or the other that undersized GC images can be read by the Wii?