Under Armour

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by apb407, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008

Under Armour by apb407 at 12:01 AM (1,186 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. apb407
    OP

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well i am just about to start winter track and ill be in around 30-40 degrees fahrenheit weather you i need to sort of get some pants and new gear

Many people have told me to get under armour cold gear because its amazing at keeping you warm and it has great quality. The only problem is its mad expensive

That is why i am asking, Is under armour cold gear worth it? I found the full sleeve mock for around 35 dollars while retail is 50 so i think its a good deal?

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Yeah, I used to wear it during football practice.

Feels great, keeps u at a fair temperature, they're not very expensive either (at least not the cheap Walmart knock-offs lol)

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    30-40 degrees celsius is quite warm; 86-104 degrees fahrenheit.

4. sdnoob

Member sdnoob GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    That's really hot... thats summer for Vancouver, even hotter...

5. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    yeah, im hoping he meant degrees f...

6. apb407
    OP

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    crap sorry i meant degrees fahrenheit oops......and which knock offs are you guys talking about because i have heard from people that they just arent as good as under armour, feel weird on skin and are not durable mabye i could get some links?

7. LittleJenny

Newcomer LittleJenny Newbie

United States
    I like U Armour but really you can get the same stuff only cheaper with Nike or Walmart brands.

8. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    unbranded stuff is usually made of exactly the same stuff (and probably in the same factory in china), but much cheaper, so i would just go with that.

but, as i am sure you know, just UA isn't going to be enough, maybe get a wool/down coat and some mickey mouse boots etc.

9. Lelouch

Member Lelouch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have the short & long sleeve heatgear ones from wrestling still but I never thought the coldgear ones were worth buying. if you're running in the cold just wear a hoodie, gloves and a hat. id never want to wear anything other than my spikes and uniform in a race either (cross country race I mean .. track meets are usually warm). your choice man, goodluck with your season.

10. Daois

Newcomer Daois Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Whenever I run, I usually go in shorts. When it's cold I have a pair of Under Armour shorts that extend to the knees that I wear under my running shorts and my legs normally stay warm enough so I don't wear anything longer.

I also have a few long sleeve undershirts that I wear under whatever shirt I'm wearing and that keeps me warm during the run.. so yeah, I would recommend it.. and if you can find some cheap knock-offs, try them out. Maybe you'll like those and you won't have to spend the money on the expensive ones.

11. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    Lol, I hate underarmour

I refuse to wear it

Sweat is your body's natural way of cooling u down, why deny that with something artificial?