Hacking undelete files WBFS

lacativa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally format my HD with my backups. Is possible to recover the data in WFBS? Should I format in FAT and then use a software to get the datas back?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lacativa said:
I accidentally format my HD with my backups. Is possible to recover the data in WFBS? Should I format in FAT and then use a software to get the datas back?

if you have backups it might be easiest to format to fat and store all games as *.wbfs

if you really want to recover form the overwritten drive use wwt
formatting again will only destroy more data
the recovery tool has to understand the format of the LOST data NOT the NEW
and afaik theres only wwt for wbfs

common practice in such cases is to clone the drive
all recovery is done on the clone to avoid the further damage a failed recovery attempt will produce
simply start over with a new clone

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
If you use "wwt format --recover" it is enough to backup the first WBFS sector (2, 4, 8, 16 or 32 MiB) of the WBFS because this command modifies only that sector.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
PsyBlade said:
lacativa said:

if you have backups it might be easiest to format to fat and store all games as *.wbfs

if you really want to recover form the overwritten drive use wwt
formatting again will only destroy more data
the recovery tool has to understand the format of the LOST data NOT the NEW
and afaik theres only wwt for wbfs

common practice in such cases is to clone the drive
all recovery is done on the clone to avoid the further damage a failed recovery attempt will produce
simply start over with a new clone

how does that work, i currently have my hard-drive formatted to wbfs but i would like to store iso's and data, do i just copy the iso on to the hardrive and rename it to .wbfs, what about chaging it into a ciso?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ryan90 said:
how does that work, i currently have my hard-drive formatted to wbfs but i would like to store iso's and data, do i just copy the iso on to the hardrive and rename it to .wbfs, what about chaging it into a ciso?
asuming you refer to the *.wbfs on fat part
no renaming wont cut it
good wbfs manages should be able to create them

and you might want to learn how to use the search

lacativa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formated to NTFS and recovery the files using Get Data Back. It was only rar files and the games files was describe as... Shockwave files!! - all was .wfs.

I tried to rename it to .wbfs but the Wii backup manage didnt reconaise then. Any one have any ideas what I do know. How I format the HD again in WFBS and put this files back there?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You don't really have a chance to get them back.
Re-rip your games from your discs back to your hdd, shouldn't be a problem, that's why there aren't any tools right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)