Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection coming January 28 for PS5, later in 2022 for PC

Sony announced today the release date for its upcoming remaster of the single-player portions of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, which will release for the PlayStation 5 on January 28, 2022. The latest in a growing number of Sony exclusives coming to PC, the collection will also come to Steam and the Epic Games Store later in 2022. Players who own Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy physically or digitally on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PS5 version for $10.

51728813547_009dd31431_h.jpg

The new collection will feature the standard Performance and Fidelity options on PS5. The Fidelity mode featuring a 4K resolution with a target of 30 frames per second, and the Performance mode will target 60fps (with no specific resolution mentioned). However, there will also be a Performance+ mode that targets 120fps with a 1080p resolution. The collection will also feature faster loading times and support 3D audio.

Residents of the U.S., U.K., Australia or New Zealand who purchase or upgrade to the Legacy of Thieves collection through the PSN store will also receive a voucher via email to see the upcoming Uncharted movie at participating theatres.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plenty of reasons. Just one example being the fact that I played Uncharted 4 SIX YEARS before the PC release.
Was U4 more of a real, adventure game or an interactive movie like U3?

Consoles are great just to plug and play (well, these days it's not that easy).

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're taking the easy way out releasing just U4 and it's DLCs, since they're easier to port. On the other hand, the original PS3 trilogy need alot of work done to be ported to PC (even if there's the PS4 remaster), the visual difference is apparent and it might seem inadequate in their eyes?
And they're probably testing the waters here if all goes well, they might start working on porting the Trilogy, but we'll see.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me, cloud streaming is very useless! I prefer a physical games.
I tried Stadia and it was laggy, but I expected that from Stadia, to be honest. lol

The controller is excellent, though. Shame it can't connect via Bluetooth to other devices, only wired.

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$10 for 2 games remastered in PS5 if you have the disc for either or non PS+ digital purchase, aint bad honestly. Especially after the pure greed play that is GoT Directors Cut charging $30 from regular ps4, for ps5+DLC no way to just get ps5 version. That was super whack.

ill probably cave since never finished lost legacy.

it also means you only need one game to get 2 in newer form for $10.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sony releasing their games now to PC, sadly their ports are terrible and PC parts are stupidly expensive now. Sony Playstation is a company on the brink of collapse, starting from its own soul and terrible business management. In summary, they are reaping what they sowed. Playstation will be the next Sega.

Anis360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Because it’s good value for money - more than adequate hardware for an acceptable price. It’s also plug and play. Personally I’ve always been against the idea of holding software hostage on a given platform. Early access, fair, but at some point it should all be ported to other platforms for more gamers to enjoy. If you need “exclusive games” to sell your product, your product probably isn’t very good.

PCs are very important, however, at least here in my place i've seen a pattern of some people not getting a PC as its function has been replaced by their iOS/Android devices (Not that i agree with that). I think the future is cloud streaming.

Xbox proves consoles don't need exclusives and it's good to see Sony following the same footsteps.

Meanwhile, Nintendo relies on exclusives to keep their consoles going. The Switch is something like a PS3/360 so doesn't have the same power as current gen systems.
The DRM-free nature of consoles will always keep them on a higher position than PC gaming (in my opinion), also I'm assuming that the specs required for running these ex-exclusives at a decent FPS and video quality will be higher than what many gamers can afford.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sony releasing their games now to PC, sadly their ports are terrible and PC parts are stupidly expensive now. Sony Playstation is a company on the brink of collapse, starting from its own soul and terrible business management. In summary, they are reaping what they sowed. Playstation will be the next Sega.
This actually made me laugh out loud.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Because it’s good value for money - more than adequate hardware for an acceptable price. It’s also plug and play. Personally I’ve always been against the idea of holding software hostage on a given platform. Early access, fair, but at some point it should all be ported to other platforms for more gamers to enjoy. If you need “exclusive games” to sell your product, your product probably isn’t very good.
I dont agree with the last point. Exclusive games are used as incentives to buy hardware when theres competition in said market. If theres two or more companies who do the same time thing, which factors will make you decide between the two consoles?.
This case is pretty important, as Microsoft its a monster that has a loooot of money, something that Sony can't normally compete against without having incentives of their own.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dont agree with the last point. Exclusive games are used as incentives to buy hardware when theres competition in said market. If theres two or more companies who do the same time thing, which factors will make you decide between the two consoles?.
This case is pretty important, as Microsoft its a monster that has a loooot of money, something that Sony can't normally compete against without having incentives of their own.
I buy whichever one is best value for money to me. Exclusives are inherently anti-consumer - they make you buy hardware you probably wouldn’t buy otherwise “because game X”. The product you actually want to buy as a consumer is “game X”, the console itself is an expensive add-on that you were tricked into buying. I couldn’t give one damn whether I’m playing a game on console A or console B, I want to have the best possible experience, so the hardware better offer something interesting and be good value for money, otherwise I’m in no rush to dish out the dough. I can guarantee you that Mario plays just like Mario regardless of what you play it on.

In all fairness though, as a collector I normally buy all the available systems because each one tends to do something different. This generation I bought the PS5 because I like the PlayStation ecosystem, the Dualsense is a very innovative controller and the hardware is excellent value for money. I bought a Series X because it’s the most powerful console on the market and I can tell that the HDR far surpasses PS5’s implementation, the colours seem warmer in DirectX and Gamepass is an unbeatable value proposition for a lot of new releases. I bought a Switch because Nintendo games. Well, that and the novelty of a dual function console - I do like the portability aspect, and have used the system on the go on a number of occasions, but it’s pretty obvious that it’s the weakest of the three by far and for any multiplatform game, it’s not getting any love - I have two other, superior options.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all fairness though, as a collector I normally buy all the available systems because each one tends to do something different. This generation I bought the PS5 because I like the PlayStation ecosystem, the Dualsense is a very innovative controller and the hardware is excellent value for money. I bought a Series X because it’s the most powerful console on the market and I can tell that the HDR far surpasses PS5’s implementation, the colours seem warmer in DirectX and Gamepass is an unbeatable value proposition for a lot of new releases. I bought a Switch because Nintendo games. Well, that and the novelty of a dual function console - I do like the portability aspect, and have used the system on the go on a number of occasions, but it’s pretty obvious that it’s the weakest of the three by far and for any multiplatform game, it’s not getting any love - I have two other, superior options.
unless it's indies, in which case there's virtually no difference
even then, i see no use for the switch nowadays when the Steam Deck will be superior. same docking functionality, same portability, just with far more powerful hardware and a hardcore appeal. It's the PSP to the Switch's DS.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome, this I’m looking forward to.
Life and health kind of got in the way of my first play through of Uncharted 4, and even though I’m a huge fan of the series, I just never got around to going back to it. Though I’ve always planned to.

Because I didn’t finish UC4, I never played Lost Legacy either. So now I’ll just wait until next month, upgrade for a tenner and get them pith played on my PS5, no (well, almost no) loading included :lol:

I’m sure I can occupy myself with Halo, Prey and Horizon 5 on my XSX until then. Along with, ah ffs I’ve got a ton of backlog on PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and PC to get through….. One day I’ll get caught up, probably :unsure:

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unless it's indies, in which case there's virtually no difference
even then, i see no use for the switch nowadays when the Steam Deck will be superior. same docking functionality, same portability, just with far more powerful hardware and a hardcore appeal. It's the PSP to the Switch's DS.

Unless of course you care more about gameplay than you do technological advantage.

I’ve got my order in for a Steam Deck. But I’m still looking forward to Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4, among others to come and that I already have on Switch.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no objection to my games looking pretty, I’m a tech junkie as much as a gamer. But nor do I actually care if I’m playing on a BBC Micro, or a beast of a PC, all that matters to me is whether the gameplay is enjoyable.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless of course you care more about gameplay than you do technological advantage.

I’ve got my order in for a Steam Deck. But I’m still looking forward to Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4, among others to come and that I already have on Switch.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no objection to my games looking pretty, I’m a tech junkie as much as a gamer. But nor do I actually care if I’m playing on a BBC Micro, or a beast of a PC, all that matters to me is whether the gameplay is enjoyable.
more power = more third parties & better FPS for most games which objectively improves the gameplay experience. I don't like being stuck with just Indies, first parties and ports of 7th gen/low end 8th & 9th gen for games. The Deck resolves that since you've got the whole steam library at your fingertips

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. Just didn't like it very much, it felt more like a Hollywood game/movie.

Did you play Uncharted 1 & 2? Or only 3? I ask because they are all extremely similar in gameplay. If you didn't like 3, you won't like 4. But I don't know how a person couldn't like 3 if they liked 1 & 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup