Uncharted 4 Game Director Justin Richmond Leaves Naughty Dog

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Logan97, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Logan97
    OP

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter

Here it is another tragedy to tell gamers. Justin Richmond (Game Director) has left Naughty Dog... reason why? You'll Just have to take a look :).

First writer Amy Hennig leave now (Game Director) Justin Richmond leave (Sigh) What the hell is going on with Naughty Dog? is this going To be a Trend lol.

[​IMG] Source

2. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Yes but none of them have spoken ill about Naughty Dog, they just wanted a change of scenery.

Developers do it all the time. Sometimes they just want to work either on smaller projects, or feel like they need new challenges. It's nothing new.

The two people who left Naughty Dog said it was their own choice and still talk nothing but good things about studio.

3. Logan97
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    Yeah I know, but When do you ever hear publicly two people leaving From a Gaming Studio the same Month?. It's Just weird That's all, I never hear anything like this. This is a first for me I'm just surprise as other people On youtube lol. It's Probably Big news Since we really never Hear anything Like This.

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    It is kind of strange, but I doubt it's anything other than just wanting to try something different. After all, their games are hardly financial failures...

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Hmm I do not usually see such stories. Not entirely sure it is the most relevant but it is certainly game related, then again such things would be a story in other creative industries I guess.

Not sure what else he had done so I looked him up. Seems he took the artist to game director path.

6. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    I just hope they still continue releasing quality games like they did until now.

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I spent more time trying to figure out how the hell anyone can capitalize random words like that and not punch themselves in the face repeatedly for doing so, than I did caring about the actual topic. Chances are the two of them went to work on bigger and better things. Uncharted pretty much passed its prime, it was time to move on anyway.

8. Logan97
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    Update: My apologies I'm just so used to caps, also to the response for what you just said about Uncharted.

I agree The same can be said about Assassin Creed.

Happy now? "I kid I kid I joke I joke" (In my niko bellic voice).

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I guess they wanted to explore uncharted territory.

*Wah wah waaaaah*

10. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    I'd want a change of scenery too if I had to create games based in the same universe and have the same characters with a slightly different plot each time too. It must get boring creating the same types of projects over and over again.

11. Bobbybangin

Bobbybangin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States