Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy coming to PS5 and PC in Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

After being teased and previously leaked by PlayStation's official Steam page, it's been officially revealed that Uncharted 4 is coming to PC, and PlayStation 5 as well. Not only that, but Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be included as well, under the title Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection. Currently, there is no release date beyond "early 2022" for PS5, with the PC version set to follow shortly after. Iron Galaxy, who previously helped bring The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to Nintendo Switch and assisted in the PC release of Spyro: Reignited Trilogy and Crash N.Sane Trilogy will be behind the PC port.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That only means that you have a bad taste in games.

Or you do, dunning kruger says hi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and if there's some boost in fps/resolution or even other effects, why couldn't it be just an "upgrade" for the people who already bought the game on PS4 (either digitally or in disc), and for ones who didn't will just pay normally for the PS5 version.

I agree and I think there is some movement towards that. Microsoft do it better than Sony though.

But retooling a game for a new more powerful platform is quite a lot of work. ps4 -> ps5 is quite a bit easier than ps3 -> ps5.

I wonder whether the first three games were kludged to hell to get them running on ps4 and the wheels fell off the cart moving it to ps5.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@smf I think for the ND collection, they realized it needs a huge amount of work to be put on it, for it to be remaster-worthy for the PS5, without them getting slammed for the lack of improvements/ upgraded visuals Etc. They could also consider the standpoint of sells and if it's even worth the treatment, effort put on the work vs consumer demand ratio.
And i agree on MS's strategy.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you do, dunning kruger says hi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree and I think there is some movement towards that. Microsoft do it better than Sony though.

But retooling a game for a new more powerful platform is quite a lot of work. ps4 -> ps5 is quite a bit easier than ps3 -> ps5.

I wonder whether the first three games were kludged to hell to get them running on ps4 and the wheels fell off the cart moving it to ps5.
Lol dont take it personally

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
what I notice and appreciate is the real-time raytracing for mirrors, reflection, refractions etc. radiosity renderer for light calculation.
I remember when I had to wait 10 seconds to calculate 1 pixel's color on my Amiga or early pentium 100, waiting minutes to render a simple 3D teapot in full 800*600 pictures :rofl:
now seeing it can do real-time 4k@60fps just amazes me.

I don't know if a lot of other people notice the technological jump here. or even if they notice the quality of the picture at all. it might just be boringly "normal" to people having that quality in games as they were born with it.
Now they are not happy because it can't do 120hz, framerate is only 119hz, the game is bad ! :P
To me the difference between the PS4 and the PS5 is very noticeable, and I was rocking a Pro beforehand, so it’s not like I was lacking in horsepower to run these games. The lighting and reflections are fine and dandy, but those could be achieved with various forms of trickery beforehand, so I don’t pay too much attention to real-time raytracing unless it’s really breathtaking. What I do notice is things like volumetric fog or particle effects that just a generation ago would’ve been a waste of resources for the most part. Things like sparks or fire look and behave like sparks and fire, and me likely. I suppose that with both being light sources it does kind of connect to your earlier point. The level of detail just keeps on increasing without sacrificing too much in regards to framerate or resolution. Games like Ghost of Tsushima “looked good” on the PS4, but now? Now they’re just picturesque - walking through a meadow where every blade of grass is an individual instance that reacts to the wind or the player’s touch is something else.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They improved Ghost of tsushima for PS5 that much ?
it's not just recompiled to run natively and replace renderer with standard raytracing option to existing scenes ?
it's nice when developers are really improving their game for new generation, not just porting.

I didn't try Tsushima on PS4 yet, so I'm even more curious to play that game now. I'll probably buy it next year. (too much to play already)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They improved Ghost of tsushima for PS5 that much ?
it's not just recompiled to run natively and replace renderer with standard raytracing option to existing scenes ?
it's nice when developers are really improving their game for new generation, not just porting.

I didn't try Tsushima on PS4 yet, so I'm even more curious to play that game now. I'll probably buy it next year. (too much to play already)
The game looked pretty as-is on the PS4, but there are some native PS5 improvements (hence the upgrade pack and the Director’s Cut). The game now runs in checkerboard 4K with a 60 FPS target or 1800p with the framerate effectively pegged at 60, but to be honest, even in high resolution mode the game doesn’t skip a beat, so there’s no reason to scale down. I assume that some textures must’ve also been swapped for higher resolution versions given the fact that the file size is twice as big, so it can’t be just a simple tweak of the settings. Then again, Director’s Cut also comes with the DLC on-disc, so perhaps that accounts for the difference. Either way, just the improvements in smoothness alone enhance the experience since the combat in this game is all about great timing, so you want those frame times tight. Either way, if you haven’t played it yet, you must - you’ll thank me later.

Reactions: Cyan

Homebound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see more Playstation exclusives coming to PC. The only Playstation exclusive I really want on PC is the PS4 remake of Medievil!

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just read about this and was all excited to see this on PC until I read it's only U4 & its DLC. :-/

Still great and a good move, but hope they'll port U1-3 too. U2 was my favorite while U1 felt like a tech-demo and U3 an interactive movie (more playable than Dragon's Lair).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.