Uncharted 3 Ships 3.8 Million Copies On Day One

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Nov 10, 2011.

Nov 10, 2011
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Sony have confirmed that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold over 3.8 million copies within its first day on sale. These numbers were released in a short press release by SCEE, who also mentioned that the game is "on a clear course to be the biggest selling game in the trilogy."
    The PS3 flag-ship exclusive was released last week in Europe and America.

[​IMG] Source

2. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    It's a great game. One of the best I've played this year, but Uncharted 2 is better.

Also 3.8 million is nothing compared to what MW3 is doing

3. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    MW3 is also on more platforms.

EDIT: one is not on.

4. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    [obligatory 'but cod sux' comment]

5. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Cod is great if you compliment it with the right source.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i have to disagree. the fighting system is button mashing until it prompts you to mash a different button. the game is mostly cut scenes with a little bit of player controlled action in between. there is much less exploration this time around and much less gun play. the game itself pulls way to much from what "is a drake game" and spends way to much time in that 1 universe. they didn't push any boundaries, they just perfected what an uncharted game should look and play like. Unfortunately it means less play and more pretty graphics that we can't interact with. the puzzles this time around are either really fun or they are really easy to solve (yet really annoying). the ones that are easy to solve don't explain the mechanics on how to do it, when its blatantly obvious what to do you just don't know what you need to press to make it happen (ie: the mural puzzle, where you need to look but the game never tells you how to do that). this game is also a drake game for players who have never experienced one. how else can you explain why the characters constantly and repetitively tell you what to do to solve a puzzle, or where to go. how many times did the young drake need to tell me "i need to climb up" or "i should go to the roof". its so annoying that i ended up muting the tv while trying to figure out what to do next.

what the game does have going for it is multiplayer and the planned multiplayer DLC. sadly, multiplayer is not enough to condone the $60 price point.

uncharted 1 and 2 were two of my favorite games on ps3. uncharted 3 is ok but would have been better if i grabbed it for 20 bucks. its super pretty to look at but graphics alone do not make a game!

-another world

7. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    @Another World

That's why I said Uncharted 2 was better. But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this game, it's one of the best I've played this year.
    I don't complain about every little problems and/or every little problem wasn't big enough to bother me, I enjoyed the game, it kept my attention and it was fun.

8. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    november has truly been a great month. the only game i know to break these numbers is assassin so lets see how it does. i am guessing 3m

9. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I didn't care for the first Uncharted and never really bothered with the second. They are fine games, but I just never really found them to match the insane amount of hype.

Still, this is good news for Naughty Dog. Maybe they will take this ridiculous amount of cash and put it toward another game... a new Jak and Daxter, perhaps?

10. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

I'm really happy with Uncharted 3. Yes, I agree to most criticism here, but it's also a matter of age.

Currently, I don't have much time for gaming. Yet I want to see stunning things and experience games. So currently such games are the best for me and the Uncharted series perfected them.

Nothing like beating up bad guys e.g. in a storm on moving crates in the water after a hard days work!