Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Goes Free To Play

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With its announcement of the PS4 just last week, Sony made sure to mention that their new console would support F2P games. The model has become very popular in recent years; as it turns out, people like free things. Weird.

It looks like Sony isn't just content to watch from the sidelines, however. In fact, it looks like they're after Drake's Fortune.
Frugal fans of digital downloads and intense firefights will certainly be glad to know that a post over on the Official PlayStation Blog today has confirmed recent rumors that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's Multiplayer component is going free-to-play.

arrow.gif
Game Trailers

How will it work? The main article goes in more detail, but essentially, everyone plays normally up to level 15. After level 15, while F2P players continue to earn experience, they can't access it without paying up. F2P users can also pay to unlock Co-Op maps, DLC maps, and even the singleplayer campaign if they so choose.

This is definitely an interesting move on Sony's part. As far as console games go, they've never tried anything like this... in fact, you could even say it's Uncharted territory for them.

Get it? Get it? Eh? Eh?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already own the game with the online pass so it doesn't matter to me.

Haven't touched the multiplayer though although I've heard it's excellent. I just don't really feel like jumping on alone, maybe if a friend played it too I'd be game.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i only play the co-op survival and adventure modes, and i'm addicted to them. i've said for a long time that naughty dog should offer a way to just enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the game. this is a nice move and i hope it works out.

-another world

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only play the co-op survival and adventure modes, and i'm addicted to them. i've said for a long time that naughty dog should offer a way to just enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the game. this is a nice move and i hope it works out.

-another world

There's a survival mode?

I really love survival modes. I'll have to give this a shot.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
There's a survival mode?

I really love survival modes. I'll have to give this a shot.

yeah with various goals. one is capture the flag type thing with a treasure chest, one is protect a specified area, one is an all out survival, etc. its 3 co-op players vs. enemy AI for 10 rounds with 4 different levels of difficulty. its really fun. i'll play with you just PM me your PSN name.

-another world

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never tried the multiplayer in the game. I heard it's good, but I've never bothered to try it. Probably because I won't have the first idea of what the hell to do. I own it and everything, but I'm pretty sure I won't play the multiplayer at all.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never tried the multiplayer in the game. I heard it's good, but I've never bothered to try it. Probably because I won't have the first idea of what the hell to do. I own it and everything, but I'm pretty sure I won't play the multiplayer at all.

Well you kinda just shoot at people. I'm assuming some climbing is involved.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering it's Uncharted, the multiplayer depth can't be all that great can it? Unless you are going to have fossil hunts and climbing competitions, shooting at one another is about all else you can do. Seems silly to charge to play a game online that doesn't have much depth to that component of the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering it's Uncharted, the multiplayer depth can't be all that great can it? Unless you are going to have fossil hunts and climbing competitions, shooting at one another is about all else you can do. Seems silly to charge to play a game online that doesn't have much depth to that component of the game.

How much Uncharted have you played?

Reactions: YayMii and Qtis

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never once played any Uncharted game, single or multiplayer. I got some questions for those that have:

1 - Would this be a good introduction to the series, or should I wait a couple months and buy a copy of a full game?
2 - How large in GB size is this download? 60kb/s internet connection and all.... gotta plan length. It's relatively lag-less, so in-game is fine, it'll just take forever to download.
3 - Since I'll only have access to the competitive portions (Free only... got literally 0 dollars to spend on games this and next month), is there anyone here who'd be willing to get in some games with me, just to show me the general ropes of things?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing it as some kind of test. Maybe next gen if you buy used, multiplayer will be locked into free-2play mode. With the prices to unlock everything in it extremely high overall. La crate is usually more a lot more expensive then a 15-20 dollar pass or 15 a month sub.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1