Hacking Unbricking without modchip OR HBC?

Gravekeeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all.

Last month my sister pilfered my Wii from my room. I didn't give it much thought, she does it all the time. The other day, I wanted to play some TvC, and discovered a warning message in the Disc Channel that simply stated "Unable to read disc". After a few resets, I decided to check my settings, and sure enough, it had been updated to the latest (at the time) firmware, 3.4U. Seems she had connected the Wii to the internet and downloaded the update since it asked and she didn't know any better. Yes, not telling her about the hacks was my first critical mistake, I just assumed she wouldn't ever turn on the wi-fi because all she ever does is play Mario Party. My second critical mistake; I went into a bit of a panic mode and decided that maybe undoing all the hacks would restore my Wii- of course, that means that in my panic I also removed the HBC...

So now, I don't have the ability to read discs OR the ability to re-hack the Wii via HBC... How boned am I? I'm resigned to the fact that my Wii is now a shiny white brick, but I thought I'd ask here to see if there was any other way to return to my former glory that didn't involve spending $250. My last resort will be to allow it to update to 4.0 to see if it'll fix disc playback, but I doubt it will.

Can anyone help?

Gravekeeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
That is NOT a brick!

Your Wii can still read Official Retail discs.

Since it used to be softmodded, it can still be downgraded due to cIOS249

No, I tried retail Zelda, Smash, and Battle Revolution. I had hacked it only for TvC, I got like 10 other retail games that aren't working either.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only solution I see is upgrading to 4.0, since it will refresh ALL your IOS files and give you a new system menu. HOWEVER, you will no longer be able to install any hacks whatsoever for the time being, since the twilight hack no longer works.

So unless your sister did something to the disc drice, which I doubt, you should be able to play your retail games on 4.0.

Gravekeeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'll wait a day or two to see if anyone has another solution, but so far I'm leaning towards the update, since TvC was the only reason I hacked it- losing it would be a pretty small price to pay if I get back all my retail games.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will ARC mod 5 work to downgrade to 3.2 seeing as you have a cios already. That will reinstall IOSs and the system menu. Seeing as you're only on 3.4 installing HBC using TPH is quite possible, you just can't keep TPH on the wii

Edit: Sorry being an idiot. But if updating to 4.0 doesn't work at least you know it's a hardware problem, is your Wii still under warranty? I guess if not a new DVD drive would be cheaper than a new Wii

Gravekeeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, gave firmware 4.0U a go, and I guess it doesn't revise *everything*, cause I still can't read any discs... My only hope will be someone making a Link to the PastHack or something executable from the SD, cause the disc drive is a no-go.

Gravekeeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That only erases personal data, play records, and saved games and channels. It doesn't revert the Wii to previous states, like the console claims.

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
oh, bad then, what about the sevice menu i read somewhere that you can activate it somehow, and then format the whole wii

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
do a savemiifrii with a retail zelda disc to at least see if you can run retail discs before the system menu loads...

if you can get zelda to boot via savemiifrii, then your about half way there... just have to wait for a new TPhack, or a different hack to come out!

D

Deleted User

Why don't j00 get a chip?

It's a win-win situation:

1)j00 fix the error
2)j00 got 6x

But tell me, what have you done to your Wii? CIOSCORP, perhaps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself