Unbricking a PSP 1000 (Flash0 related)

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by emigre, May 16, 2010.

1. emigre
    OP

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Basically I've just a found a bricked PSP linky. And by all accounts it looks like a decent deal. And I'm aware it lacks a power an AC adapter but I've actually got one of my own so that's not a problem. What concerns me is the fact its bricked, I was thinking I could revive it with a pandora battery but in teh Q&A it says:

I don't know that much about PSP hardware so clarity would be fantastic. According to some google searching I get the impression that I can revive it as long I remake the memory stick.

Thanks in advance

2. MFDC12

MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    pandora batteries + a MMS should be able to unnbrick any psp1000 (and certain psp2000's)
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-software-...-full-lite.html
    i believe thats what i used last year to flash my friends psp (though afterwards i upgraded the firmware right away to the latest m33 of that time, but you can either choose GEN or m33)

3. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    If it's FULLY bricked it's history. The statement "i have also tried using a pandora battery and magic memory stick but do not really know how to use them to get the flash0 back." Also worries me because a simple reflash should have restored the PSP.

Either the guy is really out of the loop re: PSP stuff or that PSP is truly dead. After all how hard is it to use Google/ask on a forum/look on youtube these days?

4. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    Well, he could have fucked up the NAND...

5. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    Pandora is the Universal unbricker. It will reflash ALL your flashes with the MMS you use.

6. xist

Jul 14, 2008
    Except of course the permanent bricks DAX warned about in earlier firmwares, or hardware bricks.

7. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
  8. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    For hardware bricks, you should just send it to Sony to fix it anyways. But it is a Universal Unbricker for flash related problems.

9. xist

Jul 14, 2008
    3.71M33 and 3.71 M33-2 had permanent Brick bugs in flash writing which DAX himself relayed as unfixable on his own, now sadly defunct, forums.