1. djwyman

OP djwyman Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok so today while I was waiting in line at my kid's school to pick him up I fired up my system and accidently updated the thing without updating luma and then I really borked it when I tried to restore my nand and was getting a Unable to mount CTRNAND error. I got home and used CTRTRANSFER to get back up and running but now I am running 11.5 so I was going to update it back to the most current update now that I have updated luma but it will not let me update. Does anyone know how to update now or could tell me what to try to get my system to update?

2. dwain12435

dwain12435 GBAtemp's Unofficial EarthBound Maniac

United States
    You should restore a CTRNAND backup from before updating and then use GodMode9 to copy 0:/boot.firm to 1:/boot.firm.

Last edited by dwain12435, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Have you tried resetting your network settings?

4. djwyman

OP djwyman Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I ended up getting it working last night I used CTRTRANSFER type d9 and after that I was able to update everything. the only thing I wasn't able to do is restore my huge list of CIAs I had instlalled so I am having to start over on those which sucks in a way and is ok in others because I had some games I didn't play that were just taking up space just to say they were there.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - unbricked, n2dsxl, update