Wiebbe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Somehow i messed up the MiiWii installation. After i installed it the first time, everything seemed to work, i saw the new Health Warning picture, i could select any channels and run all of my legal games. But somehow backups or NTSC games did not work.

I thought i might had to do with my system version (which should have been 3.2E) so i did the "reinstall" of system 3.2E from the manual. After i tried to uninstall with the MiiWii uninstaller (which didnt work) i thought to refollow the regular step. This worked unstill the Starfall step where starfall wouldnt install.

It seems i should have stopped there, but i continued with the rest of the guide seeing as it was already working before. Now i followed every step after this but when booting my Wii i first get the MiiWii health warning and then it crashes to this error:

IMAGE_001.jpg

I tried to reinstall 3.2E again to "reset" the systemmenu but this didnt work. I can still load the HBC channel with the preload reset trick but the systemmenu wont work. According to other unbrick channels i should uninstall the wad that caused it, but unfortunatly i have no idea which one that would be. Can anyone help me with this?

Wiebbe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, the problem is i did reinstall System Menu 3.2. HBC works so i was able to start the AnyRegionChanger Offline and reinstall the systemmenu. But i still get the error.

Ill see if i can PM D-Jay..

[edit]

I tried to turn off all hacks from the Preloader then reinstalled 3.2E but this didnt do anything. When i tried to run Starfall it gave a error after pressing the B + 1 button.

ISFS_Seek() failed: -101

And then it restarts.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just hold reset, go to settings, and autoboot the system menu instead of the installed dol...save, reboot, should fix it.

Posts merged

just hold reset, go to settings, and autoboot the system menu instead of the installed dol...save, reboot, should fix it.

Wiebbe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, i tried your suggestion. Went to settings, changed it from File to Systemmenu. Now when i reboot the wii it goes back to the preloader with this error:

IMAGE_002.jpg

I think my wife is gonna kill me now
tongue.gif

(No more WiiFit ^^)

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boot HBC and just run the normal AnyRegionChanger changer dude, dont use that offline one.. you will find it on Wiibrew.

just make a new folder in your /apps/ directory on your SD card and rename the file boot.dol and load it up.

totally reinstall 3.2, install PreLoader, then install CORPCIOS with the stand alone installer icefire made

now people see what i mean when i say these "lets everyone hack r wii" packs r bad news

i hope you fix it.

twofive

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Download the 3.1E archive (http://www.wii-free.de/wad/system/3.1E.zip) and install all the WADs in it using WAD Manager or, if WAD Manager doesn't work, wadimporter (on WiiBrew). Then you should have a full 3.1E system without any Preloader stuff on it.
Install the 3.1E-WADs in this order:

- IOS30
- System Menu
- IOS9
- IOS36

After thus the order doesn't matter anymore.
This is a security precaution, because when WAD Manager freezes when not installed IOS30, you're pretty much screwed.
IOS9 is for Zelda Twilight Princess (Twilight Hack), IOS36 is for Homebrew Channel.
Your system should boot up fine if at least IOS30 and System Menu is installed.

If WAD Manager bitches around about not being able to overwrite IOS, just uninstall it before and install it again without (!) exiting WAD Manager.

This should fix up your system and should enable your wife to play Wii Fit again
smile.gif

Wiebbe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly, the pack is awesome. I have installed tons of hack already with multiple cIOS's with alot of people and they always worked from the first try. But somehow i never got my own Wii to work properly with these hacks for region free/backups. Thats why i tried to do out of order stuff which was my own fault.

If i followed the guide everything would still be working like it should (without regionfree and backups, but still normal games
tongue.gif
)

I will try your suggestion, i know enough on how to get new apps on the SD so this shouldnt be any problems.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok here is my guess....since the preloader moves the system menu and places itself in the position of the former system menu you deleted the "moved system menu" by reinstalling 3.2 on your wii. But the preloader is still working so it can't load the moved system menu because it's not there anymore. So in my opinion you have to reinstall 3.2 (what you already did) and remove the preloader. But if that doesn't work you are pretty much screwed because then you cant even load the preloader.
No guarantee that it will work but it's maybe a point in the right direction. Don't do anything untill you know what you are doing.

And btw. MightyMouse.... packs are not bad as long as you know what you are doing BEFORE you start. A pack is no excuse for not gathering information about the stuff inside. Especially MiiWii warns you about the consequences. Its not the manual or the pack, in most cases it's the user who screws it up.

Wiebbe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
w00t! I got my system 3.2E working again! I just used the AnyRegionChanger from wiibrew.org and got everything working. Atleast i can run all my games again
wink.gif

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
see, listen to the mouse :-p you never know what he might know ;-)

@cyrex - dude yer packs can be useful i agree...but sometimes the manner in which they are advertised as a quick fix so to speak if a bad thing, the majority of people who would use a pack like these dont know what they do, and just jump right in.

but we have already discussed this matter and been warned about it. i've said my bit lets leave it at that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: