Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
haddad said:
Urza said:
haddad said:
Think whatever you want, but my videos are not bringing down the site's reputation by one bit. I do not think why u think it is.
unsure.gif
Because it diminishes the site's identity, the site's brand.

GBAtemp is a hardware hacking/homebrew/pirate community, and as such to some extent strives to be a source for news in regards to such. Worthless videos like this dilute the stream of news which is actually relevant to the community, making GBAtemp less viable as an actual source for such news. When you look at the news stream and see some kid make a video unboxing a generic game, you think twice about checking the feed next time.

Some kid making a video unboxing of a generic game? I see ur "realllyyy" nice arent u
tongue.gif
Don't take this the wrong way, but its pretty clear you have no training or legitimate experience in vocal work or video editing.

Not to mention a half-decent video camera. Are you using your phone?

It really gives the appearance of "some random kid was bored and had some free time." Which there is plenty of in this community.

Excuse me?! I am using my iPhone 3Gs with HD Video recording, and it is a unboxing video. It does not need any video editing. And no it does not give the appearance of what u just said.

--EDIT--

Btw, it looks like avg quality when watching directly on Temp TV cuz that is the quality needed for here. If you go to the youtube version, its 720p HD

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Excuse me?! I am using my iPhone 3Gs with HD Video recording, and it is a unboxing video. It does not need any video editing. And no it does not give the appearance of what u just said.

--EDIT--

Btw, it looks like avg quality when watching directly on Temp TV cuz that is the quality needed for here. If you go to the youtube version, its 720p HD
The 3GS camera is very subpar, and for video recording absolutely atrocious. The fact that it encodes in "HD resolution" (not even true HD) doesn't make up for the trash sensor, which is incredibly apparent in the videos you've posted which are incredibly grainy, with tons of colour bleeding and graphical artifacts.

And "video editing" was a mistake. I meant video work in general.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza, your argument about an unboxing of the game "degrading" the community makes absolutely no fucking sense. Like, at all.

QUOTE said:
GBAtemp is a hardware hacking/homebrew/pirate community, and as such to some extent strives to be a source for news in regards to such. Worthless videos like this dilute the stream of news which is actually relevant to the community,
Piracy is not something to be proud of. Hacking, in the general public's opinion, is also not something to boast, but that's irrelevant.

Please understand that if there were BETTER news, they'd be up on the front page.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
No offense to you haddad, but an unboxing of a game is nothing to create a video about. I mean, I can go to a store with a display case and open that. Bam, I just technically "unboxed" the game. I mean, a blog with a few pictures would be more noteworthy than a video taken with a cellphone camera (I don't care what cellphone it is, no cell has a good camera, regardless of status or what it may boast).

The unboxing of the 3DS is fine, but when it comes down to "LOOK AT ME OPEN MY GAMES," it just seems pointless. How many other videos are there that have front paged that are just somebody opening a generic game case that came with a normal game. As was already stated, a big, special edition of something is one thing (ie: the expensive CoD Prestige bundles that come with a solid amount of goodies to be seen), but just a normal game is terribly out of place most anywhere.

I personally feel that this shouldn't be front page, news feed worthy. It's just not what I, even after three months of being a member on top of months of lurking, am accustomed to seeing as actual news to be presented to all.

All personal opinion and I completely mean to offend you.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
Please understand that if there were BETTER news, they'd be up on the front page.
You mean like the flashcard kernel and homebrew releases which are currently being pushed below the fold?

QUOTEUrza, your argument about an unboxing of the game "degrading" the community makes absolutely no fucking sense. Like, at all.
I think that reflects more on your own deficiencies in not being able to understand its validity.

tl;dr you're an idiot.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
AWWWW!!! What the hell. I live in Chicago, I feel ripped off I didn't get a FRENCH manual.
unsure.gif

Stupid Nintendo. It's interesting that even though it's the same region (NTSC-U) it's a different package.

I wonder if Mexico has a Spanish manual?

Also, I just read the back again... Apparently SFIV has DOWNLOAD play? Sweet! All those who I know who get a 3DS and might not have the cash for the game can still play with me.
happy.gif

I remember playing Advance Wars Dual Strike on the original DS when it came out with all my friends who didn't have games yet, we had a lot of fun with Download Play, it's an awesome feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, thats not orange thats blue +1