Unboxing of New R4i SDHC/R4i Gold/R4iDSN (3DS versions)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by haddad, May 5, 2011.

1. haddad
    OP

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG]

A unboxing of the new 3ds versions of the R4i SDHC, R4i Gold, and R4iDSN. These are 3ds-ready and work perfectly with it. I would like to thank DSCartShop for providing me with these samples.

Note: This is uploaded to youtube because something is wrong with the video server's here at Temp.[/p]

[youtube]TZOhsQj_m-k[/youtube]​

[​IMG] DSCartShop.com

2. joshstyle

Member joshstyle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    r these all clones?

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    In a sense, yes they are...both physically and in name. Unfortunately they use different parts as no part is the same as the other in every detail in every way, so technically they are only a clone in name.

4. jurassicplayer

United States
    :/...The DSTWO, Acekard, iEvo, and various other flashcarts that AREN'T clones also work on the 3DS too...and most of them have a lot more features than the R4iGold...

5. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    And when the next firmware update comes out for the 3ds they will be patchable whereas it's likely that the R4 cards will not and people will have to buy a new card.

6. Shabutie78

Member Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what makes you think that?

7. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Lets take the R4i-SDHC as an example. DSi firmware 1.3 to 1.4 = New card. Dsi Firmware 1.4 to 1.4.1 = New Card. 3DS released = New card.

Also Nintendo has a history of attempting to block flashcards when it does release new firmware so in all likelihood the next firmware release for the 3DS will result in most flashcards being blocked.

8. joshstyle

Member joshstyle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have the current R4 and i almost threw it away to buy an acekard until wood came out and how confident are you that wood will be on this r4 3ds and wood doesn't work on clones that's why i'm concerned if these are clones or not.

9. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    The R4ids.cn 3DS card uses a patched version of Wood R4 that is created by the R4ids.cn team with help from YWG. Visit the website and you will see it. It may also be the only one of these three that could be patchable if it is blocked when Nintendo update the 3DS firmware.

Personally however I would recommend that you get an AceKard anyway as they are the best low cost flashcard on the market and have proven in the past that they are patchable to get around Nintendo's firmware updates.

10. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Whats the point of an unboxing just give it few days and give us the review?

11. haddad
    OP

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I already reviewed them (the non-3ds version). And its the exact same card, so I am not gonna review them again...

12. digipokemaster

Member digipokemaster Innocent Uke

United States
    what is the site for the one with the 3ds on it i might get one of these but ill be waiting until after the "great update" b4 i buy one

13. jurassicplayer

United States
    o.0 what? You add a pointless unboxing video because they added something to the box and changed the sticker for aesthetics when practically everything else is the same aside from the fact that they run on the 3DS instead of showing a review to see if the insides of the flashcart actually caused any unexpected issues with the kernel and various homebrew...By your logic, you wouldn't even NEED to have an unboxing because it is the "same card" with just a change in it's looks. In other words, you added a video that doesn't help any users in ANY WAY aside from the fact that they get to look at a shiny sticker and the fact that the boxes now have "3DS Compatible" plastered on...

14. DiziDeals

Newcomer DiziDeals Member

Netherlands
    The R4i GOld 3DS card has still the old sticker.
    We received this week new stickers for the www.r4ids.cn cards.
    They now also display the green 3DS as do the R4i SDHC 3DS stickers.

15. Shabutie78

Member Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i read your post wrong and thought you meant R4 cards won't be blocked by the firmware update. so i was asking what makes you think the R4 cards won't be blocked by the update. but yeah, my mistake.