Unboxing of NEW Acekard 2i (3DS-Ready)

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3dspackage.JPG

Here is the new Ackard 2i that was released by Team Acekard after they 3ds update. This one is pre-flashed and does not need any additional update.[/p]

[tv]259981-236[/tv]
Unboxing of NEW Acekard 2i (3DS-Ready)
New AK2i's by Team Acekard

icon42.gif
Youtube Video
icon11.gif
DSCartShop.com

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one of these. i thought they were shipping already. i got it through the lifetime warranty you get with AK2is, since my old one stopped working.
i don't have any contact issues but i'm using my DSi XL and i never had contact issues using my DSi XL with my older AK2i either. it seems to be exactly the same in build quality as the older ones, just with a new shiny sticker on the back.
also, my acekard 2i logo sticker on the front is all crooked :/

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought one from realhotstuff for $14 and it was real. one from shoptemp before they stopped selling flashcarts and it was fake. about the same price.
then i got a third one from this online store that mainly sold R4 clones. it was only $8 with free shipping so i pretty much expected it to be fake, but it was real and still works to this day. sadly that store went out of business soon after.

also, here's my 3DS one. in case you didn't know what i meant by the sticker being crooked
tongue.gif

dfy1vr.jpg

iodszs.jpg
sorry for ze quality, just took them with my DS.

bladesman582

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a 3DS-compatible flash cart is fine and dandy, but what about the 3DS' ability to log every game that's put into it? Will it register that the Acekard was inserted into the device? Has anyone (the Acekard Team or otherwise) figured out if bypassing the list is possible at all?

I only ask because of Nintendo's threats to brick systems that use such devices through firmware updates. If the new cards leave a trace, I'd advise that anyone looking to purchase such a card might be at risk of bricking their 3DSes if they were to use it.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bladesman582 said:
Having a 3DS-compatible flash cart is fine and dandy, but what about the 3DS' ability to log every game that's put into it? Will it register that the Acekard was inserted into the device? Has anyone (the Acekard Team or otherwise) figured out if bypassing the list is possible at all?

I only ask because of Nintendo's threats to brick systems that use such devices through firmware updates. If the new cards leave a trace, I'd advise that anyone looking to purchase such a card might be at risk of bricking their 3DSes if they were to use it.
3DS-able flash carts have been out since before the 3DS launched in america, and it logs it as the game used to exploit - the game it displays when you insert the flashcart into your 3/DS/i.
and nintendo never threatened to brick 3DSes. it was a fake rumor.

edit:
it wasn't exactly a fake rumor, just an overreaction to a misinterpreted warning that nintendo has put on their products since the DS was released.

QUOTE(Lynne @ Apr 25 2011, 07:59 PM) wow, timely news.but....what has been updated for this new Ackard 2i card?since the old acekard 2i also can be used on 3ds
nothing in terms of hardware or compatibility is new. it's just pre-flashed with the latest AK2i firmware to work on 3DS out of the box.
and it has a sticker on the back with an anti-counterfeit sticker on the back. you peel off the sticker and there's a code under it that you redeem on acekard.com and if there are a lot of people with the same code as yours it's most likely non-genuine.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
bladesman582 said:

Well I'm not sure, but the Acekard 2i has to disguise itself as a real retail game to get past the security on the DSi/3DS. So Nintendo's tracker would record the game that it disguises itself as, in my case I have an R4i Ultra, and it disguises itself as the Dorasu game. When i go to the activity log the game does not show an R4i Ultra logo, but the Dorasu game as being played. Anyways unless you only have the 3DS and not a DS/L/i/iXL system I recommend not using it in the 3DS, as it actually has worse battery life than the original system, and offers no advantages.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
bladesman582 said:

3DS-able flash carts have been out since before the 3DS launched in america, and it logs it as the game used to exploit - the game it displays when you insert the flashcart into your 3/DS/i.
Is this something with new acekards? Because mine displays as an actual Acekard in the ds homescreen. Or is it because im using akaio instead of the official firmware?

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Lynne said:
wow, timely news.but....what has been updated for this new Ackard 2i card?since the old acekard 2i also can be used on 3ds

The sticker on it. These videos are hardly front page news are they....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs