Status
Not open for further replies.

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
:ohnoes:I had a friend packed the wad for Wii System Transfer(The Orange one for Wii U)
And I installed it on my Wii
It was just a download assistant channel only(Not the real channel)
I entered the channel and chose Wii shop channel(the Wii shop channel on my Wii is not a vWii shop channel)
Guess what? I downloaded the channel as if it were available for a Wii!!

loco365

Trophies
XP
That hurt to read. Which I've done 3 times now, and still can't make any sense of it.

So his friend took the Wii U portion of the System Transfer software (That's installed on vWii), packed it up as a WAD, then installed it on a Wii. It apparently runs. Makes me wonder if this could be used to system transfer between Wii consoles.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did this a few days after the Wii U came out...it was one of the first things I tried when I got my hands on a dump.

It's possible to install it, but also completely useless. The download assistant that comes on the vWii works, but IIRC the downloaded channel from the shop just gives a black screen with white text saying it's not compatible.

I won't post the specifics, but it's also trivial to download the vWii version of the transfer app without the vWii wad using a crude channel launcher DOL.

Goldfinder 9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So his friend took the Wii U portion of the System Transfer software (That's installed on vWii), packed it up as a WAD, then installed it on a Wii. It apparently runs. Makes me wonder if this could be used to system transfer between Wii consoles.

What homebrew app allows you to pack wads? I would like to know.
:ohnoes:I had a friend packed the wad for Wii System Transfer(The Orange one for Wii U)
I entered the channel and chose Wii shop channel(the Wii shop channel on my Wii is not a vWii shop channel)

May I please have the Download assistant? Just that one download assistant please please please?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
thanks for clarification

btw why is this usefull for? what can be used for besides transfer stuff from wii to wii?

inb4 noobs try to system transfer a "wii u" to "wii" and wonder why it doens't play "wii u" games on the wii

Goldfinder 9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this a few days after the Wii U came out...it was one of the first things I tried when I got my hands on a dump.

It's possible to install it, but also completely useless. The download assistant that comes on the vWii works, but IIRC the downloaded channel from the shop just gives a black screen with white text saying it's not compatible.

I won't post the specifics, but it's also trivial to download the vWii version of the transfer app without the vWii wad using a crude channel launcher DOL.
ok what app allows you to do these things? like packing dumped nand files upm as wads?

Phillipos Andemariam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaceracers.com
XP
Country
United States
ok what app allows you to do these things? like packing dumped nand files upm as wads?

it is called Yet Another Blue Dump Mod. It allows you to pack dumped nand files upm as wads. Here's the link:

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/31660912/file.html.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want the wad! Can you please show me the link for the download?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What homebrew app allows you to pack wads? I would like to know.

May I please have the Download assistant? Just that one download assistant please please please?

Me too!

Phillipos Andemariam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaceracers.com
XP
Country
United States

Can I please have the download assistant wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs