Gaming Unbanning a banned 360 console now possible

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
According to http://x360.gx-mod.com/ (serious french news site) someone found a way to unban 360 consoles from the Xbox Live!
Not a very easy procedure yet though.

Full topic in french:
http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=174687

Basically he was able to change his console's serial number.
He tried a few times entering a random serial number, and unfortunately his attempts failed.
Then he tried using a serial number from an existing, non-banned console and.. it worked!
His console was unbanned.

I think we can expect more news soon... maybe even tutorials (in english this time)
That's good news anyway
smile.gif
at least now, we know it can be done.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is very interesting...you'd think someone had of cracked it sooner if it was "this easy"

Hopefully everyone who has a modded XBox 360 and uses XBox Live is using the later FWs, anyways.
Good news
smile.gif

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
hmm if they get some progress on this maybe i should chip my 360, but hopefully microsoft won't start banning accounts and ips

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
If they're nicking the serial from another console then what happens if the two consoles with the same serial number try to connect at the same time? (or aren't they brave enough to try that?
smile.gif
)

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is nice progress and will possibly make way for more hacks of it's kind, but atm it's going to cause more problems than it solves imo
lecture.gif

[-EDIT-]

Also:
[22:18] ;to clarify, it's not THAT simple, you do need your CPU key.

[22:18] which you can only get with a downgraded 360, plus infectus.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very interesting... it must've been long for him, it's taken him 5 attempts (I know French).
This might come in handy for a friend of mine who got banned. But where are you going to get a XBox's serial just like that?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very interesting... it must've been long for him, it's taken him 5 attempts (I know French).
This might come in handy for a friend of mine who got banned. But where are you going to get a XBox's serial just like that?

You could have a look at the ones on display in one of the gameing stores. Then write it down when no one is looking.

i cant wait till the 360 gets properly hacked....the 360 scene would blow any other homebrew scene away.

If they ever hack the 360 to play homebrew, right away you've given up live, as m$ will release a firmware update you'll need to get on live.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That title goes to the PSP scene atm. But why are people still worried about being banned when the iXtreme firmware supposedly works at hiding your modded 360. Supposedly..

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i cant wait till the 360 gets properly hacked....the 360 scene would blow any other homebrew scene away.
Actually, I doubt it would even surpass the original Xbox in terms of available software. The 360's architecture is not that great for general purpose computing, whereas the original Xbox was just an x86 box crammed into a compact case which made it really easy to bring PC applications over (mplayer for instance, which is the backend for XBMC).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...