Unbanning a 3DS will cost you money

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ben robbins, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ben robbins
    OP

ben robbins Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2013
    United States
    I believe people are over-reacting about getting banned. If you think back, any amount of years, when players had playstation 3's with custom firmware everything was all great, fine and dandy similar to this.

Then sony issued both console, and psn account bans for anyone who even used a hint of homebrew. When this occurred I don't believe there was a large rant of people complaining like this. I am sure their has been bans regarding other systems as well i.e. xbox, wii, etc.

I believe you just need to suck it up; I did with my ps3, sure its banned from all online forever but it is still cfw, meaning backups galore.

Fixing your system (3ds) is most likely going to involve breaking another system; via stealing their online ID a specific code, and putting it on your system and you'll have to pay quite a bit and trust them. In the ps3 case you needed a genuine clean console ID, and a PSID from another not modded system.

In essense your breaking one system to fix the other; so it will cost you money.

Deal with the 3ds ban, suck it up, or by another for like $100 i'd say. Just my 2 cents

2. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I had to retitle your thread, your previous title was completely misleading.

3. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    One problem with your comparison was that Sony did initially give a heads up about the incoming bans.

The Xbox 360 Drive banwave also cause complaints/comments, enough that it even got on TV.

queendude likes this.
  4. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    As someone who is banned, it really doesn't bother me at all. You know where I feel it most? Super Mario Maker 3DS, that game is pretty hollow without online. Yet I have a fully functioning full version of the game on my Wii U, so no love loss there. Otherwise I very very rarely played any 3DS games online, and with a smart phone with higher resolution it was never my go-to place for portable youtube or Netflix. Its such a nonissue to me that I really don't care if there never is an easy and effective way to get unbanned.

5. Mysuke

Mysuke Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Honestly the only thing i would be miss if i were banned would be access to the DLC menu in Monster Hunter if i had to redownload it and maybe Mario Kart online, and even that i wouldn't miss much with the amount of cheaters i came across lately.

But between giving up online play or homebrew i rather lose online play. I'm not banned yet in neither my devices (2DS and N3DSXL) and i disabled the spotpass/friend list stuff. But if i still get banned i would probably just shrug off and move on.

I rather spend that money elsewhere.

Yoshinecra likes this.
  6. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    The thing is that I already bought 4 3DS systems, and I still buy most of my games (though I never open boxes because CIAs are more convenient), and I even supported Splatoon when I couldn't play it (didn't have a Wii U at the time) by buying an Amiibo and a 3DS theme. Now I'd be banned from online just because I like buying carts and playing digital (and I launched a homebrew with wireless activated)? And I'd have to pay to get unbanned? Nope.

Plus, what for lol? There's like two games on the 3DS, Smash and MH4U, and MH4U's online was only worth it two years ago when halls were full, and Smash's never was. So I can live banned (I didn't even check if any of my systems evaded the ban somehow).

nechigawara and sleepymanakete like this.
  7. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    You clicked "accept" on that long and boring EULA when you first tried to use online services so you knew that you'll be banned for any modifications of 3ds firmware.
    I also don't get this, ppl really expected to use online services with hacked systems and pirated games?

8. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I'm not saying they're not in their right. I'm just saying this is bullshit. If they had an option to buy physical and play digital, I would have hacked nothing. But they don't, so I'm doing what I can to get that option without hurting their sales... and I get the same ban as 100% pirates? Bullshit.

9. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    ...to get banned. You violated the EULA, you lost online services, end of story.
    Also even if your story about buying physical games is true - how do you expect Nintendo to act? From their end you're pirating eshop games, they can't verify that you own them on carts.

10. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    That's what I'm saying, they lack a third purchase option.

11. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Cost money? You can just share friend code seeds with a friend or use a public one. If they manually have to check everyone flagged and the ways you get flagged are more or less known they're just not going to waste resources doing this kind of a thing very often.

12. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    Umm and who offers such option, buy physical and get digital for free? Sony? Microsoft?
    Not to mention that offering this will allow you to buy game, install digital, sell cart and get your money back.
    Checking for duplicate code seed is VERY easy and could be automated to run at least once per day.

13. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Doesn't matter if it's easy if they're not doing it though.

Ryccardo likes this.
  14. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    1. I never said that option should be "buy carts and get digital for free"
    2. I never said anyone did it elsewhere
    3. I obviously thought about that drawback
    I only said both their purchase options are annoying. And about point 2, Nintendo is actually doing something along these lines right now with Splatoon 2.

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Literally can unban my system for free.
    Also you are rather late to the party, it seems the banwave ended on Friday.

16. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    really?

17. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 GBATemp's Official Skiddo™ | Founder of Skiddoism

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    What was the previous title?

18. Lilith Valentine