[Unban 022-2812] Switching RxTools -> arm9loaderhax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheWhopper, Nov 27, 2016.

1. TheWhopper
    OP

TheWhopper Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So i got my o3ds unbanned from 022-2812.

I had an emuNAND with 11.2 (sysNAND 9.2) and saved nothing but my savegames. I wanted to switch to arm9loaderhax because of the better bootrate and better compatibility and better everything.

So i saved all SD-Card data, formatted it and followed this guide http://3ds.guide/
    Downgrading to 2.1.0, installing arm9loaderhax, upgrading, etc. etc.

I must say i deleted the emuNAND completely and changed the theme on the sysNAND to remove the bootloader (CTRbootmgr) before doing that guide. My sysNAND had no NNID linked.

I can now access the eshop (friendlist appeared to be freezed because i didn't unlinked my NNID before doing the guide). But i'm still getting the 002-0102 error so i'm waiting a few days if i get unbanned.
    The friendlist / miiverse / eshop freezed when i first started them. Some research later i found out that you need to wait. I had to wait 40 minutes till i could access these again.

I saved my old friendcodeseed and moveable just in case they got changed.
    Hopefully this will be useful for someone.

One thing i'm too afraid to test is: "What will happen if i login with my old NNID?" It isn't banned, because i can access the Miiverse / Eshop with my Wii U and PC.

Last edited by TheWhopper, Nov 27, 2016
  2. Daniel Sahr

Daniel Sahr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    New York
    Could this be possible if we are already on LUMA? If so, this could be a great fix. Thanks for the find!

3. TheWhopper
    OP

TheWhopper Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Sure no problem. I'll report back on 1st or 2nd of december if i've been unbanned. If that's the case i'll risk loggin in with my old NNID (only if nobody warns me that this is not a good idea)

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    You almost certainly aren't unbanned. 022-2812 banned consoles can access the eShop when they aren't signed in with an NNID. If you go to add an NNID, it will throw the error at you. The easiest way to check is just to try to create a new one, as it errors almost immediately.

Last edited by squall14716, Nov 29, 2016
    Arubaro and Jman_PT like this.
  5. TheWhopper
    OP

TheWhopper Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yeah i know that a new NNID would give me an error. But has anybody tested what will happen if you log in with your old one? The one that was on your 3ds before.

6. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    The console is banned from any NNID-related activity. That's what the error means.

7. TheWhopper
    OP

TheWhopper Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ah alright. Thanks, didn't knew that.