Hacking Unactivating / Reactivating used Vita

Daak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a used vita and I didnt realize the previous owners PSN account was still on the system before I installed henkaku enso. When I played borderlands 2, it shows me the other guys PSN nickname which is annoying to me. I think the Vita forces me to have some account attached to the system so I created a PSN account but have not been able to unactivate/reactivate the vita with my info. I'm not even sure its safe to do that. So my questions are:

What do I do for the "two step activation" that tells me to punch in a special device password the first time I try to log in(on the vita)?
Can I log into the first screen of PSN(on the vita) and activate the console WITHOUT updating firmware?
If thats not possible then is there a workaround to reactivate with a different account?

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nothing that I have read.
We lost the posibility to reactivate ours Vita the night Enso come out. It was a move by Sony to shake the room. And they did it good.

Reactions: DinckelMan

Daak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you can format and use it with another PSN account to sync trophies and other things, but in 3.60 you can use PS Store but you can't download or buy anything (i think)
I dont want to use the PSN store or download anything. I just want the vita to show my PSN account when I play games.

Daak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I try and log into PSN from the vita with my account what will happen?
It will try and update?
Brick?
Not do anything until the original owner logs in?

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
So if I try and log into PSN from the vita with my account what will happen?
It will try and update?
Brick?
Not do anything until the original owner logs in?

You can't use your account i don't know with account switcher you can log in...
If you update you can't install Henkaku >3.60
You can format the PS Vita if you need to link your account to PS Vita

Daak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use your account i don't know with account switcher you can log in...
If you update you can't install Henkaku >3.60
You can format the PS Vita if you need to link your account to PS Vita

So I have to format the vita and then I can log into PSN to associate the vita with my account? I know I cant download without getting the update but I was hoping just to log in.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to activate a Enso modded Vita. Though it is a little pricey to do, all it requires is another Vita that is unhacked on 3.65. Heres how I did it.

1. Go link your PSN account on your hacked Vita
2. Move the Memory Card from the hacked Vita (3.60 Enso) to the Updated Vita (Unhacked 3.65).
3. Make sure the unhacked Vita has your PSN account as well, and activate it there. (the act.dat is put on the Memory Card and as long as its the same PSN account you wont get banned for it)
4. Once you activated the 3.65 Vita with the Enso Vita's Memory card, move it back to the Enso Vita and check if you can see your online status now.

Voila, you activated a 3.60 Vita. Online play, online status, trophy syncing, etc. should work now.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've managed to activate a Enso modded Vita. Though it is a little pricey to do, all it requires is another Vita that is unhacked on 3.65. Heres how I did it.

2. Move the Memory Card from the hacked Vita (3.60 Enso) to the Updated Vita (Unhacked 3.65).
3. Make sure the unhacked Vita has your PSN account as well, and activate it there. (the act.dat is put on the Memory Card and as long as its the same PSN account you wont get banned for it)
4. Once you activated the 3.65 Vita with the Enso Vita's Memory card, move it back to the Enso Vita and check if you can see your online status now.

Voila, you activated a 3.60 Vita. Online play, online status, trophy syncing, etc. should work now.
Brilliant. Thank you master. I will try this as long i get a vita of a friend. Adrenaline should back to work well I think.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well. I have some problems with the system with account switcher. It seems to deactivate the vita causing errors.

Daak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I dont really have that option. I dont know anyone else with a vita. Is it possible to wipe to factory settings with no henkaku, then log into PSN, then put henkaku back on logged on to the new account?

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont really have that option. I dont know anyone else with a vita. Is it possible to wipe to factory settings with no henkaku, then log into PSN, then put henkaku back on logged on to the new account?

It's not that difficult to understand, is it? You can't login without updating. You currently have two options: 1.) Keep it activated with the current act.dat 2.) Buy a second Vita and use the method explained above.

Reactions: Quantumcat

neff123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Hello Victor, i tried to do what you say but didn´t manage to do it... Where exactly should the act.dat be??? can´t find it on the card. From what i have read it should be in
tm0:/npdrm/act.dat.
Could you please detail a bit more the steps do you put or take the card with the console on or off etc...
Thanks in advance.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Victor, i tried to do what you say but didn´t manage to do it... Where exactly should the act.dat be??? can´t find it on the card. From what i have read it should be in
tm0:/npdrm/act.dat.
Could you please detail a bit more the steps do you put or take the card with the console on or off etc...
Thanks in advance.
I linked my PSN on my Enso Vita, took out its Memory Card, moved it to my 3.65 Vita, Activated it on the 3.65 Vita, moved the Memory Card back to the Enso Vita and checked if it worked and it did for me.
Make sure the 3.65 also has the same PSN account as the Enso Vita

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
I linked my PSN on my Enso Vita, took out its Memory Card, moved it to my 3.65 Vita, Activated it on the 3.65 Vita, moved the Memory Card back to the Enso Vita and checked if it worked and it did for me.
Make sure the 3.65 also has the same PSN account as the Enso Vita
This solution not work for my (I have two vitas, one 3.60 and other 3.65, same account, I only can make is synchronic the trophies...)

Daak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know what happens when I try to log into PSN with a hacked vita. I just want the vita to display my login account in games. I dont care about any downloads or trophies off of PSN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: